Bluetooth - delete/edit functions not possible

dannyboy75

Reaction score
I posted this once before, some time back, but have never really got to the bottom of it. Basically the voice-controlled bluetooth system in my A4 won't allow me to delete or edit any numbers.

I can store new voice-activated contacts using the 'store name' command, but if I say 'delete name' or 'delete phonebook' the bluetooth lady cheerfully says 'Function not possible'. There's also an 'Enter PIN' option, but I get the same response when I say that too.

To be clear, I'm not syncing the phonebook from my phone, these are purely voice-added contacts.

Worst case is there some way just to wipe them all, as I'm selling the car soon and don't want the buyer to hear my family & friends phone numbers (or some of my embarrassing name recordings!).

cheers :)

Well the solution was laughably simple in the end. It suddenly occurred to me while driving home from work tonight.

Disconnected my phone from the car's Bluetooth and it then allowed me to delete contacts or the whole phone book.

Reactions: jdp1962
Nice haha, would've provided the same solution but figured you meant deleting them from your phone with the headunit which far as I know no headunit supports.