A4 2006 B7 2L Turbo

doushkaAudi

Reaction score
Hi guys, joined the forum to gain knoweledge hope this going to be fruitful visit, thanks in advance.

I bought a Blackvue 550 & Power Pro and would like to know which fuse connections to make in the fuse box. Like which ones are permanantly live etc. I have some instructions on installation but these are not quite specific enough. Need some pointers please.

So the bottom line is can anyone help and give me instructions with pics on how to connect the PMPP to the fuse box.

I have also got the "Add a circuit" connectors.

Welcome to the forum; hope you enjoy it here.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to answer your question. Sorry I can't; if you hang around here long enough, you may come to understand why I should never be allowed anywhere near a car's electrical system! :beerchug:

Mine is connected to the feed for the aux socket in the boot.

Mine (a DR380) is connected using the plug-terminated lead to a 12v socket concealed under the dash.

Reactions: sidibear
JDP, just like mine, but the socket is hardwired to the boot aux socket feed.
DR380 also. Great cam, had to clean the lens yet?

What i've seen so far suggests going through a Power Magic Pro and fuse box. As the idea for me is to record at night when the car is off does your hardwire connection work.
No pics???!!!

What i've seen so far suggests going through a Power Magic Pro and fuse box. As the idea for me is to record at night when the car is off does your hardwire connection work.
No pics???!!!

I've no pics of the connection, because it's concealed under the dash. Also, I don't use the Power Magic Pro, so it's only recording when the car's in use. If you're looking for night-timer monitoring, you'll definitely need the Power Magic Pro. Why not contact forum member Cruiser89 for guidance. He sells these for a living (he may even have sold you yours, heheh!).

I've no idea where my socket is hard-wired to (it was done by a professional) but I do know that it stays live until the key is pulled out rather than until the ignition is switched off. That suggests to my limited brain that it is somehow linked to the CANBUS system.

I've got mine fitted using two piggyback fuses in he fuse box. On train currently and don't remember which I used (tested them with a meter to find a switched and a constant).
Can take a pic in the daylight tomorrow if it helps?

Aha, yes, completely slipped my mind...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388069821068288