Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jdp1962

Thread: A4 2006 B7 2L Turbo

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow doushkaAudi On Twitter

Smile A4 2006 B7 2L Turbo

Hi guys, joined the forum to gain knoweledge hope this going to be fruitful visit, thanks in advance.

I bought a Blackvue 550 & Power Pro and would like to know which fuse connections to make in the fuse box. Like which ones are permanantly live etc. I have some instructions on installation but these are not quite specific enough. Need some pointers please.

So the bottom line is can anyone help and give me instructions with pics on how to connect the PMPP to the fuse box.

I have also got the "Add a circuit" connectors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Welcome to the forum; hope you enjoy it here.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to answer your question. Sorry I can't; if you hang around here long enough, you may come to understand why I should never be allowed anywhere near a car's electrical system!
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Mine is connected to the feed for the aux socket in the boot.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Mine (a DR380) is connected using the plug-terminated lead to a 12v socket concealed under the dash.
    sidibear likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

A4 2006 B7 2L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Mine (a DR380) is connected using the plug-terminated lead to a 12v socket concealed under the dash.
    Mines not connected yet any pics?.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    JDP, just like mine, but the socket is hardwired to the boot aux socket feed.
    DR380 also. Great cam, had to clean the lens yet?

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

A4 2006 B7 2L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    What i've seen so far suggests going through a Power Magic Pro and fuse box. As the idea for me is to record at night when the car is off does your hardwire connection work.
    No pics???!!!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by doushkaAudi View Post
    What i've seen so far suggests going through a Power Magic Pro and fuse box. As the idea for me is to record at night when the car is off does your hardwire connection work.
    No pics???!!!
    I've no pics of the connection, because it's concealed under the dash. Also, I don't use the Power Magic Pro, so it's only recording when the car's in use. If you're looking for night-timer monitoring, you'll definitely need the Power Magic Pro. Why not contact forum member Cruiser89 for guidance. He sells these for a living (he may even have sold you yours, heheh!).

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    I've no idea where my socket is hard-wired to (it was done by a professional) but I do know that it stays live until the key is pulled out rather than until the ignition is switched off. That suggests to my limited brain that it is somehow linked to the CANBUS system.

Neutral

Status
    I've got mine fitted using two piggyback fuses in he fuse box. On train currently and don't remember which I used (tested them with a meter to find a switched and a constant).
    Can take a pic in the daylight tomorrow if it helps?

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Look forward to the pics Paranoid69

Neutral

Status
    Aha, yes, completely slipped my mind...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388069821.068288.jpg

Neutral

Status
    The lower one is the yellow BAT+ (constant) and the upper the switched power.

Neutral

Status

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

A4 2006 B7 2L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid69 View Post
    Great paranoid69, i'll check these out and get back. Hope your Christmas was good. Cheers