Dab and fin aerial

adcooper

Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line
Reaction score
Hi all

I have just fitted an autodab module to my RNS-E however the reception is not great so I'm thinking of changing the original shark fin to a combi one.

Has anyone replaced, or had any dealings with the original shark fin aerial not sure how it attaches and which type of connectors I will need to replace?

Also what's it like to get at?

Many Thanks Adam

Can anyone offer any advice, Of what the fin aerial is like to get at and the wiring for it?

Have look on the aerials page of DABonwheels. They have lots of information on different types of aerials and how effective they are. I've used this company a lot and their information and advice is pretty good.

Click here.

Cheers for the reply! I have been looking on that site but I'm more after advice on what the wiring is like for the original fin and what it's like to get too etc as I still want the gps and gsm to work

Original fin supports 3 features, not every fin has these wired in or available.

Remote aux heating
GPS for nav
Phone antenna

Its bolted on with a fat nut, the roof has a square cutout to align the shark when fitted as base has a square casting as such, I guess you could remove & fit dab type aftermarket as gps can still work by using the interior type antenna, phone isn't as important just use BT & hardly anyone has remote aux heating anyway.