Could anyone Help with aftermarket stereo

Ash92

Reaction score
Evening all just wondering if anyone could help. I have just bought myself a Pioneer Sph da01 and I'm trying to fit it to my a4 I have the single din concert stereo does anyone no what connections I need and no how I fit it here's some pics.
Pioneer Connection
DSC 0028
Concert stereo connections
DSC 0031

Thanks in advance

you need to change the cage to a double din to start with
your never gona get the pioneer in that slot

Forgot to mention that I did the conversion other day it's the wiring up I'm crap with

You'll need a CAN bus adapter that generates the "igniton" 12V that your aftermarket HU needs - Audi OE HU's only have permanent 12V and use messages on the CAN bus to tell them when to turn on/off.

Plus you'll need something to feed 12V onto the antenna lead to power the antenna amps built-in to the car.

you need to find out if the system is half amplified or full amplified ... bose or non bose
with that information i can tell you exactly which lead you need from which supplier

It's a Bose system and I'm sure it fully amplified iv just bought this Ebay item as he guaranteed it would fit 331075636576 could any one confirm this and thanks for replies

i have never heard of the columbus system im afraid so am unsure whather or not the supplied lead will work or not

the lead i think you need is an autoleads pc9 408

Ok I'll give this try if not I'll get the autoleads one thanks for the help another question I have is once these are connected where will I get the power source from sorry if this is obvious answer I'm terrible when it comes to wires

the autoleads adaptor converts the power input of the standard unit into the power input of your new one

Hi again I gave up on the last unit as I couldn't get it to fit so I have just got my self a new one which came out of an A4 cabrolet I have just tried to fit it and it doesn't fit it has all the connectors needed but the pins from the harness from the unit are too big for the cars connectors to fit in here's some pics
DSC 0062
DSC 0063

Could any one help me please with what connector I need for the two to connect
Thanks in advance

Just get a professional to fit it save yourself hassle!
Go to an audio shop they will charge about £20/£30 and you will have a stereo that works. If you're not sure what you're doing you'd probably end up doing some damage worst case scenario.

Reactions: jdp1962 and ben.w93
What year is your car? some of the B7s are quadlock connectors some are ISO, two connectors that look the same with an additional rectangle plug. By the look of your picture you have the ISO type connection in your car,you can get the bose ISO loom adapters online or from an audio shop, you will also need an Ariel adapter.

Just get a professional to fit it save yourself hassle!
Go to an audio shop they will charge about £20/£30 and you will have a stereo that works. If you're not sure what you're doing you'd probably end up doing some damage worst case scenario.

I agree with this. Unless you really know what you're doing, you can easily end up shelling out more cash on having someone undo your mistakes than you would pay them to do it right from the outset.