Took the plunge and bought some porsche cayenne calipers

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Managed to steal these for £250 from a breaker near me in leeds! Abit tatty but after a refurb in yellow with brembo in black, we should be good to go.
To be honest, it wasnt the plan to buy these yet, but i made a silly offer and he took it so here we are. Although its been touched on before, does anybody have any tips? I know which discs and bolts to get etc, but is their any other issues that anyones picked up on allong the way.

Cheers guys :)

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Peter has just written up a great review of the parts required -

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...ion-rs4-hel-brake-lines-routing-question.html

Hope you bought 18Zs not 17Zs?

I've got some 18Zs to go on after the winter... ;o)
Alistair

Yeah their 18z mate, read up on all the important parts etc so i didnt go in blind. Been watching some for 6 months for £400 but wanted to wait for some cheaper ones. For once waiting has paid off lol! Ill check out the thread. :)

Nice one, well done! I best not mention I got my set for free then! How? I bought a used ECS stage 5 front & stage 1 rear kit with rotors, bells, adapters & 18Z Porsche red calipers for my old S3 for £1000 from a breaker who didn't know how valuable it was. Then kept the calipers and sold the rest for £1100!! :faint:

guys sorry to jump in, your front OEM setup are they 345mm as I was offered a set and they look like they may fit an A3 8P and bolt straight on as the callipers look like the golf R32 callipers??

guys sorry to jump in, your front OEM setup are they 345mm as I was offered a set and they look like they may fit an A3 8P and bolt straight on as the callipers look like the golf R32 callipers??

Our OEM is 320mm, but the caliper is from a S4 which uses a 345mm. But we cant do that on our cars unless you have the carrier adapter plate to allow for a bigger disc otherwise if we did use the current set up you have to grind the inside of the caliper to make it fit,

Nice one, well done! I best not mention I got my set for free then! How? I bought a used ECS stage 5 front & stage 1 rear kit with rotors, bells, adapters & 18Z Porsche red calipers for my old S3 for £1000 from a breaker who didn't know how valuable it was. Then kept the calipers and sold the rest for £1100!! :faint:

good man! No excuse for them lieing around then haha! Get them on! ;)