• 1 Post By Craig Cull
  • 1 Post By Big Al

Thread: Took the plunge and bought some porsche cayenne calipers

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel

Took the plunge and bought some porsche cayenne calipers

Managed to steal these for £250 from a breaker near me in leeds! Abit tatty but after a refurb in yellow with brembo in black, we should be good to go.
    To be honest, it wasnt the plan to buy these yet, but i made a silly offer and he took it so here we are. Although its been touched on before, does anybody have any tips? I know which discs and bolts to get etc, but is their any other issues that anyones picked up on allong the way.

Cheers guys
    V6 Quatt likes this.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Awesome GTI tuning this week!

Status
    Peter has just written up a great review of the parts required -

PORSCHE Cayanne BRAKE Conversion - RS4 HEL Brake Lines routing question?

Hope you bought 18Zs not 17Zs?

I've got some 18Zs to go on after the winter... ;o)
    Alistair
    V6 Quatt likes this.
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Peter has just written up a great review of the parts required -

PORSCHE Cayanne BRAKE Conversion - RS4 HEL Brake Lines routing question?

Hope you bought 18Zs not 17Zs?

I've got some 18Zs to go on after the winter... ;o)
    Alistair
    Yeah their 18z mate, read up on all the important parts etc so i didnt go in blind. Been watching some for 6 months for £400 but wanted to wait for some cheaper ones. For once waiting has paid off lol! Ill check out the thread.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

Awesome GTI tuning this week!

Status
    Nice one, well done! I best not mention I got my set for free then! How? I bought a used ECS stage 5 front & stage 1 rear kit with rotors, bells, adapters & 18Z Porsche red calipers for my old S3 for £1000 from a breaker who didn't know how valuable it was. Then kept the calipers and sold the rest for £1100!!
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

2nd Gear

Status
    guys sorry to jump in, your front OEM setup are they 345mm as I was offered a set and they look like they may fit an A3 8P and bolt straight on as the callipers look like the golf R32 callipers??

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by manor13 View Post
    guys sorry to jump in, your front OEM setup are they 345mm as I was offered a set and they look like they may fit an A3 8P and bolt straight on as the callipers look like the golf R32 callipers??
    Our OEM is 320mm, but the caliper is from a S4 which uses a 345mm. But we cant do that on our cars unless you have the carrier adapter plate to allow for a bigger disc otherwise if we did use the current set up you have to grind the inside of the caliper to make it fit,

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Nice one, well done! I best not mention I got my set for free then! How? I bought a used ECS stage 5 front & stage 1 rear kit with rotors, bells, adapters & 18Z Porsche red calipers for my old S3 for £1000 from a breaker who didn't know how valuable it was. Then kept the calipers and sold the rest for £1100!!
    good man! No excuse for them lieing around then haha! Get them on!