DTM Wheels Value

dpaz

Reaction score
A friend of mine has offered to buy my DTM wheels off me. They have Pirelli P-Zero's on all-round with minimum 5mm tread.

Problem is I have no idea what they are worth? There is no kerbing on them, only marks are slight nicks where some tyre monkey has impact drill'd the opening to the wheel bolts on 2 of the wheels.

Any suggestions?

Thanks V6 Quatt. He's happy with that so just got to decide whether to get rid or not now.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Personally, at circa £500 a wheel new, plus tyres I'd say they were worth a grand for a set of four. I have them on my a4 cab as an original option. Not a lot of them come up second hand and luckily enough mine are in good condition but I would happily pay a grand for a spare set...if your friend doesn't want them pm me...

I sold mine for £500 for the set with just legal tyres 3 years ago.

If anyone knows where to pick these up with or without tyres for £500 clean/non refurbed you'd have a friend for life!

At the end of the day, they are only worth what people are willing to pay! IMO a valuation of £1000 is ridiculous, granted they are rare but rare doesn't always mean valuable.

How much are the tyres new? £120ish? Say £400 plus £500 for each new alloy, so roughly £2400 new. £1000 is reasonable imo IF alloys and wheels in fantastic condition...like above poster said their worth what someone would pay...

I wouldnt pay £1000 with good tyres to be honest. I sold some genuine 20" rs4 styles from an S5 with good tyres, on behalf of my work. They went for just over £1000. Second hand is second hand. It doesnt matter what they cost new unfortunately or how rare they are.

How much are the tyres new? £120ish? Say £400 plus £500 for each new alloy, so roughly £2400 new. £1000 is reasonable imo IF alloys and wheels in fantastic condition...like above poster said their worth what someone would pay...

Problem is you generally don't get back the value of tyres when selling a set of wheels. People are more concerned with the condition of the rims.

if only you had been around when I sold mine :ohmy::crying:

How much did you sell yours for Unitzero if you don't mind me asking?

I did a PX with some Bentleys. I gave him my wheels plus £400 - bentleys were worth about £900 so basically went for £500 with decent tyres