2.0tdi 170 Timing Adjustment

BroomeyS3

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently replaced the cambelt, tensioners and water pump on my A4. The timing is showing 4.46 torsion value on vagcom and needs to be between 0-1???. Can someone clarify that both camshaft sprockets need adjusting or is it just the right hand side one?
IMG 2591500

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 4,863
yes I used the sealey locking kit VSE2358, the problem was the belt was slack going from the crankshaft to the water pump.

I refitted the belt and tensioned it all up all working perfectly now. I was a bit worried as this was my first cambelt change so very pleased to have it all working as it should.

I highly recommend doing it yourself.

Tom

I have this same problem with my b7 170 it’s had a new timing belt and water pump but since it has had it done it’s a rough starter from cold and idles roughly when cold I’ve researched the death out of this and can only find this that could be wrong it I’ve only managed to find Avon tuning in Bristol who say they can do this for me but I live in Manchester does anybody no where I can get the timing adjustment with VCDS ??

I recently found how to do this, adjust the right inlet cam first to as near 0 on vcds as you can get it, then get it all to top dead centre put the locking pin in the inlet cam then adjust the exhaust cam (left) until you can get the locking pin in if you understand what I mean , then tighten all the 13mm bolts back up