Audi A4 Cab 2.0 TDI - Roof weird problem!

benmcmc

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here and to audis so hi!

I've just bought myself a 56 plate audi cab knowing full well that the roof was not working but hadn't a clue to what extent the problem was.

A few days after I got the car I tried putting the roof down manually and then back up again, to my surprise after I had done this I actually tried taking the roof down with the button and it worked! Went down and up completely fine.

I then tried it a few days later and it managed to go down fine but got stuck about half way coming back up so I had to manually put it the rest of the way. Since then I have tried to reset multiple times and tried to roof but it only unhinges from the front and then stops, leaving about a 2 inch gap.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

I could be completely wrong but when I have put the roof down and up manually it takes ALOT of effort from two people, almost as if it is so stiff that the motor just cuts out. Any help would be much appreciated!!

It's a fairly common fault, VAGPRO has an excellent guide on how to fix it, can't copy the link but if you search on 'roof' it's about halfway down the first page