• 3 Post By t8ups
  • 1 Post By Craig Cull

Thread: LED sidelights and DRL's plus bright white foglights

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel

LED sidelights and DRL's plus bright white foglights

Thought id share a few pics of before and afters with the front led conversion. Cant believe i waited so long to do it. Anybody considering the conversion need to see t8ups. He was most helpful and had them with me in no time. £60 got me LED DRL's with canbus, LED sidelights with the loom to 501 conversion and a pair of nice white foglight bulbs. Really gives the front end a new lease of life! As you will see my sidelights and drls before were very yellow next to the xenons.

Before

After

DRL's

SIDELIGHTS
    V6 Quatt, Sandra and t8ups like this.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Looks awesome pal, I have just had fitted Bi-Xenons, so I have all crisp white except sidelights, so that'll be a pm to trups then lol.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Looks awesome pal, I have just had fitted Bi-Xenons, so I have all crisp white except sidelights, so that'll be a pm to trups then lol.
    Definitely worth it mate, cant believe i waited nearly 3 years to do it. While we're on the subject.. Bi xenons? Are they just xenons like what i have or are they different? Always wondered lol! Im probably just being daft
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    Definitely worth it mate, cant believe i waited nearly 3 years to do it. While we're on the subject.. Bi xenons? Are they just xenons like what i have or are they different? Always wondered lol! Im probably just being daft
    Good question, well presented....................... haven't got a clue pal lol

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Good question, well presented....................... haven't got a clue pal lol
    Haha! I like your honesty! Does yours just have the xenons that move up and down and then level out when you turn them on? Thats what mine do anyway And just the 381 type drls?

6th Gear

Status
    Haha! I like your honesty! Does yours just have the xenons that move up and down and then level out when you turn them on? Thats what mine do anyway And just the 381 type drls?
    They are fitted with a great set of LED drls with resistors, I don't recall the lights moving up and down tbh mate

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

They are fitted with a great set of LED drls with resistors, I don't recall the lights moving up and down tbh mate
    Ok, im guessing we have the same xenons. Good stuff! Ill look forward to the updated pics.

6th Gear

Status
    Ok, im guessing we have the same xenons. Good stuff! Ill look forward to the updated pics.
    Hopefully the morra pal

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Hopefully the morra pal
    Sorted

5th Gear

Status
    Looking good Matey, shame you can't do the fogs on the se bumper without removing the bumper itself....but totally agree with you on T8ups bulbs ad service. His H7's are great.

Cheers
    A
    Craig Cull likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Looking good Matey, shame you can't do the fogs on the se bumper without removing the bumper itself....but totally agree with you on T8ups bulbs ad service. His H7's are great.

Cheers
    A
    ive just ordered some for my dad aswell, random Xmas present but I'm sure he'll appreciate lol.... I hope

2nd Gear

Status
    Std xenon/hid lamps have self levelling capability with built in with sensors on the suspension, every time you turn them on the self level motors do a little test run, hence you can see the light move up and down, these lamps have xenon/hid low beams with standard halogen high beam bulbs
    Bixenons are xenon/hid high and low and use a shutter set up to go from low to high beam with the same bulb, also have the suspension level sensors.
    The reason for this? you will notice when you first switch them on there is a small delay? so wouldnt be much cop when going from high to low or vice versa down a dark country lane with the delay, that you would get with separate bulbs.
    The law requires hid lamps to have self levelling capability and headlamp washers as part of the package.
    Thats why the boy racers blind you going the other way!
    Some cars managed to get around the legal bit from new ie subura imprezas as classed as an import iirc.

Craig some night pics would be really good as you have the before and after ones at different angles so hard to compare

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post

Cheers
    A
    Are they the 100w ones by any chance?

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Yes, I understand that they are. Wrote to T8ups on this subject, cause on the packaging they read 55w, however the coating on the lamps bring them down power wise I understand.I have been using them ( both sets ) since late Spring and mine are constantly on due to Swedish law, and they also passed the strict light checks on the Swedish MOT in September. Still going strong.

Cheers
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 25th November 2013 at 09:56.
    A4_MaJiK likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by lynallbel View Post
    Std xenon/hid lamps have self levelling capability with built in with sensors on the suspension, every time you turn them on the self level motors do a little test run, hence you can see the light move up and down, these lamps have xenon/hid low beams with standard halogen high beam bulbs
    Bixenons are xenon/hid high and low and use a shutter set up to go from low to high beam with the same bulb, also have the suspension level sensors.
    The reason for this? you will notice when you first switch them on there is a small delay? so wouldnt be much cop when going from high to low or vice versa down a dark country lane with the delay, that you would get with separate bulbs.
    The law requires hid lamps to have self levelling capability and headlamp washers as part of the package.
    Thats why the boy racers blind you going the other way!
    Some cars managed to get around the legal bit from new ie subura imprezas as classed as an import iirc.

Craig some night pics would be really good as you have the before and after ones at different angles so hard to compare
    Thanks for that, ill take some pics this evening

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Im not sure, i will check this evening mate

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks for that, ill take some pics this evening
    As requested, some pictures in the dark. No matter where i stood i couldnt get away from the glare from even the sidelights as they are so bright. Hope these help

DRL's

SIDELIGHTS

FOGLIGHTS, SIDELIGHTS AND XENONS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Im not sure, i will check this evening mate
    12v 80watt super white mate

5th Gear

Status
    My fog bulbs are 80w, they are the H8 and H11 fitments.

The h7's come in 100w.

No issue's with any wiring or melted housing before someone starts a debate about hear say, ive been selling these over a year now and no reported issues which is why I keep stocking them and its why the guys that have had them are happy with them

Trups
    Molnboman, A4_MaJiK and B7_FUR like this.
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Its very rare i use my fogs, mainly for the look for me. Nothing worse than a yellow bulb surrounding nice bright white. No complaints from me
    t8ups likes this.