Merry Xmas ..... to me

Macdoon

Reaction score
Roll on tomorrow............ couple of upgrades, thanks to Ultramodz (Matt)

OEM Bi-Xenons going in
Rear LED tail lights
Custom Billet Ali gear knob :yahoo: happy days

Pics to follow

Reactions: D2NY G, dpaz, SPARTAN91 and 3 others
NICE More Mods eh.....

Aye man, it's your fault lol, after seeing yours at AITP it had to be done. Then of course they will have to be taken apart and blacked out..... never ends lol.

Have you got yer new wheels yet?

Reactions: V6 Quatt
​We all look forward to the pics :) x

I'll.take some when I get a clear non rainy day, but here's taster

20131123_1848261_zpsb4ef9887.png

I'll.take some when I get a clear non rainy day, but here's taster

20131123_1848261_zpsb4ef9887.png

20131123_1848351_zps758304f3.png

Reactions: Craig Cull and Sandra
Looks well mate! Do you have any daylight pics of the rears? Love the rear led's just not sure about the black line around the outer edge, especially with mine being red and black, just dont want the over kill of red and black. Im interested to see the conversion. Mite have to tackle it myself :)

Looks well mate! Do you have any daylight pics of the rears? Love the rear led's just not sure about the black line around the outer edge, especially with mine being red and black, just dont want the over kill of red and black. Im interested to see the conversion. Mite have to tackle it myself :)

It was dark by the time we finished, and I'm at work today (leave in the dark come home in the dark), so will hopefully get a load done tomorrow.

Reactions: Sandra
It was dark by the time we finished, and I'm at work today (leave in the dark come home in the dark), so will hopefully get a load done tomorrow.

Yep i share your pain on that one. No probs, ill take a look when ya get chance to take some daylight shots

bet hes got oem plastic on the rears so no black line round the outer edge
same as i did mine

bet hes got oem plastic on the rears so no black line round the outer edge
same as i did mine

Yeah that will look well! Coz thats all that puts me off them. Is their a guide to doing the mod?

not seen a guide
but all i did was

warm oven few mins at a time till they pulled off
cleaned up and re sealed them up

bout 3 hours all in

not seen a guide
but all i did was

bout 3 hours all in

Similar to doing the clear corner mod then?

yes same as

i used tex-flex same as sico-flex

once that sets its not comeing off

Sorted, think I'll give it ago once I've seen the daylight pics

not seen a guide
but all i did was

bout 3 hours all in

I didn't realise you could swap the covers from the OEM clusters to the Dectanes. I'm sure it's straightforward, but I'm very nervous about giving it a go. Knowing my lamentable lack of nous, I'd end up ruining both sets of lights.

I didn't realise you could swap the covers from the OEM clusters to the Dectanes. I'm sure it's straightforward, but I'm very nervous about giving it a go. Knowing my lamentable lack of nous, I'd end up ruining both sets of lights.

iv got an old set of B7 oem you could practice on
but its really easy

Reactions: jdp1962
iv got an old set of B7 oem you could practice on
but its really easy

That's a kind offer, Bez. To be honest, if I was going to have a go, I'd be happy to use my own OEM ones to start with. What troubles me is the idea of heating the Dectanes in the oven. Doesn't that risk buggering up the LEDs and circuitry?

I just used a heat gun on the headlights and just warmed it up gently

yes brother, and the ball starts rolling again :D :D

Im sure i read a guide on audizine bout this, but i might be wrong, it said that the oem lens would stick out further than the dectane one and that you would have to do a bit of trimmin to get it to sit properly.

Here's some more

DSC_0010_zps18059c0a.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsb3e3dc93.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsd4cdc7cd.jpg

DSC_0012_zps82b9810b.jpg

DSC_0005_zps94ff5a43.jpg

DSC_0004_zps1edde4e9.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsfe8de7e9.jpg

Reactions: ruairi83, RS5 JON, Craig Cull and 1 other person
man thats looking mega nah!!

loving the parking :d

cant wait to get my winter mods started

Looks spot on that mate! Im definitely doing this mod... Feeling the LCR splitter aswell!
The LED sidelights will finish it off nicely! How much were the tail lights?

Much Better, looks the business. Transformation excellent.

Get spacers on it now....

Looks spot on that mate! Im definitely doing this mod... Feeling the LCR splitter aswell!
The LED sidelights will finish it off nicely! How much were the tail lights?

Cheers fella, splitter is vinyl wrapped in brushed steel.
I will be ordering those LED side lights from Trups, they look spot on, on yours.
Not sure how much for the rears, done a deal with Matt (Ultamodz) for the bi-xenons/tails/gearknob/engine covers/R8 oil cap

Much Better, looks the business. Transformation excellent.

Get spacers on it now....

I just knew you were gonna mention spacers lol, thinking of changing wheels again:keule:

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Cheers fella, splitter is vinyl wrapped in brushed steel.
I will be ordering those LED side lights from Trups, they look spot on, on yours.
Not sure how much for the rears, done a deal with Matt (Ultamodz) for the bi-xenons/tails/gearknob/engine covers/R8 oil cap

For the money ya cant go wrong really. Who makes the tail lights? Ill see if i can price them up