New head !

Ant600

Reaction score
Hi everyone just a quick update on my car after the mechanic fitted a new cambelt and the bolt holding the tensioner snapped . It's now at my friends garage it's got a new head new oil pump and oil filter housing fresh oil and a new sump as mine was weeping. Fingers crossed its like new when I get it back . The reason for a new head was the valves were bent and the snapped stud had been drilled out badly and my friend could not guarantee it will be ok to reuse. Feeling happier now the other mechanic paid for the work to be done and I paid for the oil pump sump and filter housing for peace of mind and while the engine was apart it was silly not to replace the oil pump

Reactions: jdp1962
Hi everyone just a quick update on my car after the mechanic fitted a new cambelt and the bolt holding the tensioner snapped . It's now at my friends garage it's got a new head new oil pump and oil filter housing fresh oil and a new sump as mine was weeping. Fingers crossed its like new when I get it back . The reason for a new head was the valves were bent and the snapped stud had been drilled out badly and my friend could not guarantee it will be ok to reuse. Feeling happier now the other mechanic paid for the work to be done and I paid for the oil pump sump and filter housing for peace of mind and while the engine was apart it was silly not to replace the oil pump

Fingers crossed for you Matey. What was the costs for the Oil pump and bits for it, out of sheer nosieness.

BR
A

Hope it all goes well for you dude, fingers crossed.

Ill let you know the full price when I pick it up mate . I'm planning on keeping it along time so wanna do everything rite

Jaysus with all that work being done it's nearly a new engine....might have missed this, but did have the clutch done last time too.....

A

Fingers crossed for you Matey. What was the costs for the Oil pump and bits for it, out of sheer nosieness.

BR
A

The oil pump from Audi, Trade price is £1006 that is for the entire unit. So retail I would assume quite a bit more.