Bi Xenon bulb replacement.

Mr-C

Reaction score
Looks like I have lost the drivers side bulb, not flickering just dead! Thing is I know its a D1S bulb but does anyone know what the OEM spec is?

No sorry i dont but from experience of changing merc D2R type xenon bulbs, get a black marker pen and mark the retaining ring as they are a real **** to line everything back up without it all falling out!
Might be worth swapping the bulbs over as it could be the control unit thats gone tits up

Lynall

Fecking bulb working this morning briefly!! Must be a ballast problem

After muchio ball ache I managed to swap the bulbs and the problem didnt swap sides so it is the ballast

Is it the adaptive xenons?

Yes they are adaptive xenon's.. It started working last night and stayed on for an hour or so drive, tested them this morning and I still have 2 working lights!! I have a self fixing car.
I purposefully kinds went for bumpy roads to see if it caused any flickering but nothing.

I did wash the car yesterday and I did wash the slam panel and up the insides of the top of the wing. Makes me wonder if water has made its way somewhere where it should not?!

I had to swap one of my headlights out due to a similar issue. Swapped the ballasts and the problem stayed on the same side. When I sold the headlights for spares the lad took it apart and the motor had come loose. So I'd try swapping ballasts first. Awkward I know