JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

S4 Auto to manual conversion

Ive been wondering if any one has any knowledge of this type of conversion being carried out
    the thought has crossed my mind as i have been getting a bit fed up of the tip tronic auto in my car

I once carried out a conversion from auto to manual on a nissan 200sx which was pretty easy
    Growing old is madetory, Growing up is optional !

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add GeoffDunk on Facebook
    From what I have learnt recently about my manual S4 I would guess there is differences in the Quattro system as the oil is different between manual and auto rear differentials ( a minor point) which leads me to think there are certain differences.

I am by no means and expert on the subject but your Nissan would have been 2WD I assume?

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

Neutral

Status
    Just at a guess i recon you'll need to swap the rear diff as well and maybe the ECU or get the auto side of it mapped out so no faults are displayed.

Along with the obvious trans tunnel, centre console and bulk head mods.

1st Gear

Status
    with a whole donor S4 would there be differneces between the B7 & B6 model to do this swap

usual items brake and clutch peddle, gear stick and centre consoul, the prop would need done and likley the diff, if the diff was not changed it would affect the cars acceleration and top speed

also as mentioned the auto ecu would prob need switched off or removed, the main ECU would need some sort of bypass for the park/start

1st Gear

Status
    Kind of defeats the point of the conversion, but would it not be better just to sell your existing car and buying one with a manual gearbox? To me it seems very expensive and time consuming, but then projects are more rewarding and interesting, these modern Audis are harder to chop and change than my old Series IIa Land Rover .
    2008 A5 3.0TDI

Neutral

Status

S4 Auto to manual conversion

From memory some research I did for a manual S6 a while ago, you would need gearbox, clutch and flywheel adapted from a V6, rear diff, brake servo, pedal box assembly, engine ecu, modification to wiring looms and ecu, recoding ignition engine gearbox and alarm system as they are all connected, plus other things I'm sure..... A lot more work than expected and probably cheaper / less hassle to fid a manual S4. Though of you do go ahead a build thread would make great reading

ASC
    1st Gear

Status
    Dude, if you can wait till next year I'll sell you mine!?
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

1st Gear

Status
    not keen on the avant like, you planning on selling up next year then ?

ASC
    1st Gear

Status
    Think so.. Hardly use it, spent a *** fortune on it too.. Would like to keep it but.. Should get out for a blast soon eh?
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

1st Gear

Status
    aye need to get out for a blast before tha bad weather sets in like!

tell ya you will end up regretting selling it if you do its one of that cars that you will wish you still had every time you see one

ASC
    1st Gear

Status
    I know, it's a tough decision but I've already kept it 1 year longer than planned.. I'll put it through its MOT in March and then see what happens.
    Looks like a possible SRS meet in December, might go along or maybe just meet up local sometime if you want. You still need to witness this thing now it's mapped..

1st Gear

Status
    What you up to this weekend then?

6th Gear

Status
    If you're in the market for a nice v8 s4 then i have a 2003 saloon which i will put up for sale in a few weeks !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    If you're in the market for a nice v8 s4 then i have a 2003 saloon which i will put up for sale in a few weeks !
    its got to be the B7 if i was buying one, i wouldnt buy one just to break unless it was damaged

ASC
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombastik View Post
    What you up to this weekend then?
    Could maybe manage something tomorrow morning? Busy in the afternoon and away Sunday..