3.0 TDi inlet runner flaps

Granta

Reaction score
Evening all,

i am looking at replacing the pair on a customers car, the inlet manifolds that is as both banks are flagging up the EML. I can get them from TPS but I want to keep the costs down, does anyone know if they are available anywhere else? I have seen on eBay a company sends you a pair from Germany and refunds you £60 for your old units, has anyone done that? what have you done.

thanks

Audi sell a repair kit for manifold runners.

Is that the kit that contains the linkage that connects the motor to the runners or is it the guides too that the runner sits in?

Why would you go to all this trouble if its for a clients car, surely fitting new local parts is the best option for them, really don't see the logic tbh, you want to minimise your risks & trouble for the client, not create potential headaches for them & you.

I understand what you are saying, it's a private job for a trader, so he wants to keep the costs down and I'm not prepared to fit a repair kit but rather a whole manifold. Has anyone tried the ones from Germany?

I used a £30 repair kit on both sides, it fixed bank 1 but I ended up getting a referbed manifold from Germany to fix bank 2, think it was £250 and fixed it. I have since done about 1500 miles with no issues, reasonably easy to fit. I did it to keep costs down. It had modified actuator rods on it so hopefully it will be good for another 100k miles. As NHN says, if its not your car, new parts might be the way to go, I only did it as it was my car and me fitting it myself.

if its running ok but just flagging the fault codes and engine light why not get them coded out? these guys do it FR&RTuning: MAHA Dyno Tuning: ECU, DSG Remapping looks like common faults
012597 - Intake Manifold Runner Control - P3135 - 001 - Lower Stop not Reached.
004120 - Intake Manifold Runner (Bank 2) - P1018 - 001 - Lower limit not reached.

Thanks for all they replies. Haven't thought about mapping them out , although I would prefer to change them probably going to get a pair from eBay from Germany and see how they go.