Advice on valuation of my car

SinghB7

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking to sell my A4 Avant for a saloon, and just wanted to see what other people think on what my car's worth.

2007 07 Audi A4 Avant S line 2.0tdi 140 multitronic
Car will be 100% standard except Bury handsfree

mileage is 158k, has FSH with Audi upto 132k and maintained by me (professional mechanic/engineer) there after I have loads of receipts for parts I've changed. Cembelts been done on 138k.

it also has the upgraded oil pump done by Audi.

Everything is top condition, inside is spotless, no signs of wear on steering wheel or gear stick. Seats are immaculate too.
bodywork is very good too, just a stonechip/dent on the bonnet and small dent on the front wing.

I was going to put it up for £6749 ono, will that be reasonable? What do you think? Cheers

Another for sale thread, here we go!!

Use the classifieds.

Its not a for sale thread as it's not technically for sale, yet.

just want other a4 owners opinions on valuation.

I disagree, if you wanted a proper evaluation you could of used pistonheads, autotrader or any of similar sites, even an audi dealer for trade ratings.

Also as by your own admission, you're a professional mechanic/engineer, so you have access to glass guide etc, so for me its just another for sale thread.

I'm not in the car sector tho so don't have access to any of that.

I have had a valuation on autotrader but it was far less then what I was expecting, also i'm not a member on pistonheads.

I only asked as it would be better to get input from other A4 owners, not just a general group of mixed owners.

Seen a lot worse threads opened recently frankly. Reckon 90% of members on here don't use the search function. Then again the search facility isn't the best.

SinghB7, just my 2 pence but seems a lot of effort to change to the Saloon assuming your just going B7 Avant to B7 Saloon. If anything the avant's offer a bit more feature wise.

I reckon whenever you buy/sell a car you rarely come out of it financially better off, there's always an inherent "cost to change".

You can gauge pricing by comparing same year cars as yours & mileage on Autotrader & Pistonheads, which it would seem you have already got a good idea, you don't need to be a member to look at used cars on those sites.

Lots will be frightened by the mileage, both you and i know thats not the end of the world these days, but people still think the same way!
I wouldnt buy a modern motor with 158k on the clock, potential money pit especially with the multitronic and sorry to say again thats what most will think unless its cheap.

I was going to put it up for £6749 ono, will that be reasonable? What do you think? Cheers

Hi mate, just had a look at a rough price on your car I think your lucky if you can get £6000 for it tbh!

IMO £6749 is very optimistic judging by others for sale.

I would say around £5850 taking mileage into account and depends on the spec??

Use Auto trader as your guide. Some may choose spec over mileage if your motor has a good spec buyers may be inclined to buy, especially if your car is the best specked in that price range of Avant's??