EML after heavy rain and puddle!

Av4nt

Reaction score
Hi,

Last night I got caught in a damn heavy downpour, so much so that the fastest wiper setting couldnt clear it from the windscreen fast enough. so I slowed down of course, but not before hitting a small lake!! on the passenger side. Instantly the engine management light came on, it didnt flash or turn red it just lit up yellow and has been on ever since. This was around 12 hours ago now and it has still remained wet/damp outside so if anything important got too wet i doubt it would have dried very quick in the current climate.

The car still drove exactly as it normally does when the light came on, and still does now 12 hours later. It pulls as normal in all gears lower and higher and feels no different, hasn't stuttered or cut out and no power loss. Due to the time of night I have not had a look at anything under the bonnet as yet like air filter or anything to see if its wet and preventing as much air as normally necessary getting through.

*One thing of note is that not long back part of the under tray towards the front half of the car is not there any longer due to the fixings wearing away so there is a gap that hard spraying water could find its way into places I guess but it isn't massive.

could this be something as simple as a wet sensor or something potentially worse that needs effort in taking it to the garage ?

Does sound as though something has got damp, personally I would find someone near you that has a fault code checker or vcds / vag com and have a look to see what has caused the light to come on.

Reactions: ex911driver
Sounds like you need one of these Mate in future. Audi A4 Engine Cover Kit Install | Audiction.com I couldn't believe that Audi could sell their cars up here without them....at first, I thought someone had removed it from my car, until I learned that they don't fit them as standard up here. I think it's the same in the UK too.

Good luck,
A