Monster MotorsportBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: passanger side seat not reclining backward and seat not adjusting to position

Reverse Gear

Status

passanger side seat not reclining backward and seat not adjusting to position

hi

I got a new audi a4 2006 t s line b7 cabriolet / convertible . The front passanger side seat has airbags and heated seats . The seat moves forward and and backwards , although it does not click into position or the seat backing or backrest does not fold backward. its constantly moved forward . so sitting in the passenger side is impossible . the track lines are free and when i drive the passenger side seat just moves forward and backward. never locks in . sitting is impossible as the back rest does not go all the way forward or all the way backward . The seat moves on the runners backward and forward. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix please? if so do you know what parts i need from audi out seat parts. just wondering what latch mechanism i need to click the seat into position and what i need to move the backrest of seat all the back please .

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the site.

Sounds like the locking mechanism is being held up or its stuck, seat needs removing to check the mechanism from underneath & possibly remove the rear trim to gain access to the internals if its stuck.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for welcoming me I see this is a common problem with the cabriolet's and surprised why audi has not recalled this yet. What cables and parts am I looking at please . I'm really struggling with this . A lot of people have had this problem . Anyone had a fix and know what's parts I need please ?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    It depends on the fault, I've had some B7 cab seats apart a fair bit & only way to know what's gone wrong is to remove & investigate, then replace the parts, as there are a fair few parts involved with these seats & stripping the down is a mission believe me.
    Geebo likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK