MPG 170 Avant

Andy-R

Reaction score
Just wondered what sort of fuel consumption to expect from my 2008 170 Avant, how many miles would you expect to get out of £30 with a combination of short and longer trips and little bit of motorway, just interested to see a comparison I get between 130-150 miles before the light comes on, cheers

I'm only seeing 40mpg from my 40 mile commute mainly main roads and Mways, grandad driving almost too, but mine is a Quattro. hopefully a fwd will be slightly better.... That's about 180mile to £30... I think.

Last edited:
Cheers mines mostly stop start so probably about right, just wanted to get an idea compared to my old BM 320d which was about the same but only had 136hp so with the extra power I'm happy its not using more.

I get around 200 miles for £30. Recently did a diesel purge and im averaging 46mpg now compared with previous before service etc

37mpg average on a 170Quattro Avant, would expect around 45 is right for a 2WD.

I do drive it like you are meant to drive a TDI though.

I'm getting about 35 but mostly stop start short and long trips not much motorway at all plus my right foot could do with going on a diet

Sounds interesting would be happy to see that, what do you mean by diesel purge please?

its i fuel cleaner but instead of adding it to the tank you remove the pipes at fuel filter and run the tubes into a jar of pure diesel purge and run it. For around 15-20mins at idol and rev it a little. Theys loads of videos on you tube. Didnt beleave it til i tryed it

Reactions: tut_gareth
Update, I left home with 65 miles of range left I've done just over 20 miles bit of motorway bit of stop start I've now got 95 miles of range this car makes its own fuel I may never have buy diesel again:icon_thumright:

We had a 09 passat estate with the common rail 170 engine and usually got 50+. Best we had was 64 and that took some doing!!