B7 Avant Pollen Filter(s)

Mazi

Reaction score
Just ordered pollen filter(s) from TPS.
They sent me 2?
Is that right? Does my car have 2 pollen filters?
Any "how to" guide anywhere on fitting?

They only gave me one the other week. Remove plenum cover if you have one. Then unclip and pull out lid of pollen filter housing (passenger side under windscreen) and pop ya new one in

Both are the same??
Guess I will be sending one back then

keep it there mistake

If its the exact same part number and charged you for one then keep it.

Unless they sent you a pollen filter and a charcoal pollen filter

Either will be part number -

8E0819439 - pollen
or
4B0819439c - charcoal

If its the exact same part number and charged you for one then keep it.

Unless they sent you a pollen filter and a charcoal pollen filter

Either will be part number -

8E0819439 - pollen
or
4B0819439c - charcoal

Never understood the difference between these...

Basically the pollen filter, will filter as it states pollen and dust and generally other particles were it be leaves etc.

A charcoal filter does all the above but has anti allergy components built into the material as well as stops odors like exhaust fumes, leaky oil smells from your engine bay and basically any un-pleasent odors from entering the cabin.

Also charcoal filter the material is treated with chemicals were as a normal pollen filter is just material hence the extra price.

Same thing with when it comes to bed pillows and duvets that it has anti allergy resistance or how ever you want to word it.

Reactions: matthew999 and A4_MaJiK
Oh interesting I might try a charcoal filter as since the dpf delete it is a tad smelly at times. Cheers for the tip

I hope it helps.

These are trade prices all inc of vat, so you can get a idea of pricing or at least the difference between normal and charcoal.

Pollen filter - £9.52
Charcoal filter is about £17.7

So I would assume normal filter is around 11-12 and charcoal around £20-21 maybe.

Just looking for a Pollen Filter for my A4 Saloon, do you need to have an account with TPS?

There are some copy ones on EBay if you can't get one from TPS. Just search on the part number.

I know its a bit late. But generally speaking yes. Some of the TPS branches will serve you and just put it through as a cash sale some will turn there nose up and ask you to buy from the dealer.

And for reference the pollen filters for Audi's are MANN FILTERS.

Reactions: mancdan