• 1 Post By Jimbo.King
  • 2 Post By Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.
  • 1 Post By Brodster
  • 1 Post By V6 Quatt

Thread: 3.0tdi - advice on which remap pls

1st Gear

Status

3.0tdi - advice on which remap pls

I'm thinking of getting the car remapped but unsure which company to go with, I've looked at Awesome GTI and they do a couple for my model + seen superchips bluefin one. I'm after feedback of what people have on their 3.0tdi's and wether it's still good on fuel on a run etc, not too bothered about round town mpg as when I'm driving it it'll never be good !! Also did it make a noticeable difference power/ performance wise.

2007 A4 3.0tdi Quattro S-line, Lava Grey Pearl, 229+bhp, 6 speed manual, Cruise control, Auto wipers/lights, Parking sensors all round, RNS-E Sat Nav, Heated Volterra leather, Adaptive Bi-Xenon plus headlights, Bluetooth phone prep/voice control, DRL, i-Pod dock, Coming home lights, A4 B5 front spring seat mod, LED DRL/side light/numberplate lights, Window tints, Cupra R front splitter, Black front grill, 3.5" custom tail pipes, 8.5x19 Calibre Excalibre wheels running 225/40/19, ET30-R ET35-F.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    Made a very noticeable difference to mine! Not sure on MPG as it's obviously dependent on how you drive it, which for me is denoted by rush hour traffic more than anything else. Never had any problems/complaints with my map over 12 months later.

I used a guy who's local to me call Nick, usually does VWs and Vauxhalls but has done a few more Audis since he remapped mine. I believe he travels to Leeds and did a custom map for me: ECU Remap | Chip Tuning | DPF Removal | East Midlands-Tuned n' Styled

He was also the most competitive on price for a custom map I could find...
    Jimbo.King likes this.

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Jimbo,

we are a site sponsor and not too far away from you. We can do a full custom map and tailor it to any way you would like, cost is £250.

Thanks, Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

Neutral

Status
    I had my car remapped by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Developments - it's ace!
    Jimbo.King and V6 Quatt like this.

1st Gear

Status
    I've just fitted a bluefin to my 3.0tdi, but can't really report back as only managed to do 10 miles in it so far! Also, Bluefin have 10% off at the moment. Initial impressions are good, lots of mid-range grunt.

But saying that, if I was nearer Unicorn I would have gone there for a remap.
    Jimbo.King likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I was just about to buy the Bluefin and margin-walker posted (cheers for the heads up), and after some research about Rick / Unicorn motor developments with nothing but excellent feedback from people that have had there cars done by him and the 25min conversation I had with him on Friday, I've bit the bullet myself and the cars booked in on tuesday for it doing, by the sounds of it I won't be disappointed with the results and good to know the car will be in good hands. I will let you know the outcome. No pressure Rick lol
    V6 Quatt likes this.

2007 A4 3.0tdi Quattro S-line, Lava Grey Pearl, 229+bhp, 6 speed manual, Cruise control, Auto wipers/lights, Parking sensors all round, RNS-E Sat Nav, Heated Volterra leather, Adaptive Bi-Xenon plus headlights, Bluetooth phone prep/voice control, DRL, i-Pod dock, Coming home lights, A4 B5 front spring seat mod, LED DRL/side light/numberplate lights, Window tints, Cupra R front splitter, Black front grill, 3.5" custom tail pipes, 8.5x19 Calibre Excalibre wheels running 225/40/19, ET30-R ET35-F.

4th Gear

Status
    Lol, I'll look after it

Rick
    Jimbo.King and V6 Quatt like this.
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    You will love the increase in power.............mid range torque is a hoot. If you dont have a grin factor of 10 then I wanna know why.
    Jimbo.King likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

4th Gear

Status
    Yeh let us know as may be next to contact Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo.King View Post
    I was just about to buy the Bluefin and margin-walker posted (cheers for the heads up), and after some research about Rick / Unicorn motor developments with nothing but excellent feedback from people that have had there cars done by him and the 25min conversation I had with him on Friday, I've bit the bullet myself and the cars booked in on tuesday for it doing, by the sounds of it I won't be disappointed with the results and good to know the car will be in good hands. I will let you know the outcome. No pressure Rick lol
    Jimbo.King likes this.
    Torque the Torque