1.8T Quattro Avant MPG

Mazi

Reaction score
My recently purchased 1.8T Quattro avant seems to be a bit thirsty.
I filled the tank and im almost down to 3/4 tank and its covered just 50 miles of town driving.
The exhaust was blowing a little when I got it which is now fixed so that might be a factor.

Maf maybe signalling wrong, worth a punt, has it had anything done off late?

Had a full scan today using Snap-on verdict and no fault codes.
Dont think MAF gives a code anyway?
How can I test the MAF

Hej, if you still can't find obvious fault codes may be worth signing up to Fuelly.com to measure your approx' fuel consumption to settle your anxiety. Must say my 2.0t is very thirsty in town driving, dramatically so, compared to when it's up and cruising on main roads and motorways. Just don't seem to like crawling about in town.

BR
A

My M5 does approx 200 miles from a 80 litre tank.
The A4 will do the same but from a smaller tank if things dont improve.
How can I test the MAF?

When you say town driving ...are you literally talking crawling 30mph stuff. You should be getting a lot more than that from a 1.8t one would think even in urban driving.

Have you ran it for fault codes yet?..you'll need a friendly garage or a Mate with VAG job.

Keep us updated.

BR
A

old way to test maf was to unplug it and then drive it, if better its duff, if worse its okay

these cars arent great on fuel it must be said,, when i was tracking mine on fuelley i rareley got up to 30mpg so i stopped tracking it!!

these cars arent great on fuel it must be said,, when i was tracking mine on fuelley i rareley got up to 30mpg so i stopped tracking it!!

Just converted my Fuelly figures to UK and am getting 38'ish and I have FWD. 30 I would say is about right for 4wd. I had a Rav4 Petrol and the consumption on that was horrendous compared to my Audi. The price you pay for traction I guess.

BR
A

Reactions: olly quattro
My b6tqs does 33mpg on a run and as stated alot less around town. My readings are from the dis tho so not spot on accurate. It is a heavy car tho with a small engine so not gonna be great. A remap may help slightly.

No fault codes using Snap-on diagnostics.
Snap-on machine has facility to test components including MAF.
Anyone done this?
If so what should the parameteres/figures be on a MAF that is working properly??

OK I think I might have got to the bottom of things.
Advisory by Audi on last service shows "Fuel injector O ring leaking"