EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: Steamy Windows!

Neutral

Status

Steamy Windows!

My 2006 Avant seems to stream up a lot especially when I put the heaters on?
    Is this the blocked scuttle drains that are common on Passat and A4 causing the problem or something else?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    have you replaced pollen filter? They get full of muck and damp as well and cause bad ventilation.

Neutral

Status
    No sir but the car was serviced at Audi this year. Dont know if pollen filter is routine service item as it is with BMWs.
    Where is it located?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    No sir but the car was serviced at Audi this year. Dont know if pollen filter is routine service item as it is with BMWs.
    Where is it located?
    it's in the plenum chamber, just to the right of the battery when looking from the front of the car. Just remove the plastic cover, pull the filter out and Bob's your uncle. Incidentally, even though they're not mega expensive, you might be able to clean it rather than buy a new one. I left mine soaking a bowl full of hot water and washing powder for a hour or so, then scrubbed it out with an old toothbrush.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    it's in the plenum chamber, just to the right of the battery when looking from the front of the car. Just remove the plastic cover, pull the filter out and Bob's your uncle. Incidentally, even though they're not mega expensive, you might be able to clean it rather than buy a new one. I left mine soaking a bowl full of hot water and washing powder for a hour or so, then scrubbed it out with an old toothbrush.
    Need to change mine myself, though what i tend to do after installing pollen filter is a bowl of uncooked rice left for 24 hours to absorb any remaining moisture inside your car either passenger or driver side. Make sure when seating the pollen cover back on it is properly seated as moisture will come in.

As mentioned there not expensive, depending on if you want paper or charcoal filter the price varies.

If you use glass cleaner and polish stops the misting a good bit i found.

Neutral

Status
    My mate said I need to clean the scuttle drains also as these can be a problem on VAGs of this era.
    I might as well do that at the same time
    Do we have guide on the forum anywhere?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    easy job remove battery and remove the 2 gromets
    job done

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    easy job remove battery and remove the 2 gromets
    job done
    is the battery not bolted in with a torx on the battery bracket clamp, im near sure it is?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by etxeondo View Post
    is the battery not bolted in with a torx on the battery bracket clamp, im near sure it is?
    Yes it is.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals