WMI install this weekend

Nagasaki

Phooey
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Our A4 cabriolet is off to have a Devils Own WMI fitted this weekend and wondered if anyone knew whether the knock sensor will automatically ****** the timing due to the higher octane of the fuel going in and bump up the power slightly without a remap?

Currently Revo stage 2 but has dreadful heat soak as running original smic.
WMI is to cool it down and keep the insides clean.

Returned from having the Devils Own WMI system fitted this afternoon.
Firstly a big thank you to Alfie for fitting it today. Great, tidy job! Will post some pics when it's light.
Excellent results. Some spirited driving for a couple of hours on the way back and the car just pulls constantly without becoming bogged down with heat soak.
I have no idea whether the timings is advancing due to water/methanol mixture but it is certainly keeping it cool enough to feel like it previously had on the odd cold morning, but now it is lively all the time.

Will be taking back to my local Revo tuner to see if we can now increase boost further given that there is no heat issues or risk of detonation (I think as not an expert)

Would recommend though.
Just need to source a decent large volume supplier of Methanol as you can empty the container quickly if you really try hard.