60/40 Toque Split for S4

Anito

Reaction score
I've heard rumours that the B7 S4 has 60/40 Torque split. I've just read a thread on Audi world which appears to confirm this. does anyone know if it's true?

Quote:

In everyday driving conditions you would most likely not see a difference, only under aggressive or at the extreme limits would you notice a difference IMHO.

Don't forget where as the B6 starts at a normally set 50/50 setting in normal driving conditions, it will still transfer up to ~ 66% of the torque to the rear wheels when needed and vice versa. Now the new B7 TorSen diff starts at a rear setting of 60% under normal driving conditions but will send up to 85% of the torque to the rear wheels when needed. This is where the B7's TorSen will make a difference under "power on situations".

No one seems to know this one. The RS4 and Q7 have it and a recent Evo magazine review suggested that the B7 S4 Cab has it but I can find no reference at all on the Audi website to any B7 S4's having it.

All I can find is 'unofficial' references such as planet audi and a guest on rs246.com

Sure drives well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif