Am I doing something wrong.....?....

Pbowers1979

Reaction score
Just bought an rnse unit for my b7 a4 salloon. Originally had symphony2 + so was easy enough install. Couple of problems I need help with. I'm getting a message when inserting original nav disk. Not inserted properly but I've had it working a couple of times. Will it need a clean if so how. The other thing Im not getting the nav instructions in me cluster display.? Could this be because I've not coded the rnse to my car yet?. It did come out of a b7 a4 though. Last but not least I hear the radio will not be as sensitive with my set up?. Is there anything I can do about this ? Sorry for all the questions just wanna get this sorted. Many thanks in advance

Just bought an rnse unit for my b7 a4 salloon. Originally had symphony2 + so was easy enough install. Couple of problems I need help with. I'm getting a message when inserting original nav disk. Not inserted properly but I've had it working a couple of times. Will it need a clean if so how. The other thing Im not getting the nav instructions in me cluster display.? Could this be because I've not coded the rnse to my car yet?. It did come out of a b7 a4 though. Last but not least I hear the radio will not be as sensitive with my set up?. Is there anything I can do about this ? Sorry for all the questions just wanna get this sorted. Many thanks in advance
can anyone help

Your laser probably needs cleaned, or the disc needs cleaned. Use a CD Lens cleaner disc.

If you have not programed the RNSE on the car, no wonder it wont do everything. Get it coded, should be running ok.

RNSE has been known to be less sensitive than the Symphony. Doesnt bother me much, as I still get all radio I want, but you may be able to get reception boosters. Best speak to an audio center for that.