2007 a4 b7 avant (170 bhp) buying advice

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Hi b7 owners,
I'm looking for some advice on what to look out for when buying an a4 b7 as I am going to view one with my mate tomorrow, he's fed up with BMW and wants to buy a decent German motor for a change.
The motor ha 54,000 on the clock, recent cam belt change and is a 2.0TDI, 170 BHP, Sat Nav & Cruise Control.
Pro's & Con's advice please.
Thanks in advance for your help.
JG

Injectors are meant to be faulty on some, think they had a recall on them?

Also DPF blocking up is common.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Hi John, how you doing pal, hope your still modding mate.

The 170 has a few issues...... but this is the main one

Oil pump balancer shaft are prone to breaking, the following will take you to p24 of a long read.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...-0-tdi-oil-pump-balance-shaft-failure-24.html

Hi Mac, thanks for the advice mate, I'll have a wee read before we go to see it around 5pm today.
Re mods, not done anything since the Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, but have been looking into larger intercooler and twin exhaust, oh and getting it lowered 30mm is planned for the new year. Think that's enough to be getting on with just now mate.
What about you, pedals & wheel decals?
Cheers for the comments on the Flat Bottom, it makes a BIG difference to the interior looks & IMO is nicer to drive with, but I need to stop throwing the car into corners, lol! :racer:

Injectors are meant to be faulty on some, think they had a recall on them?

Also DPF blocking up is common.

Cheers Singh, I'll check service book to see if it's had recall work done.
DPF blocking on an Audi, surely not! lol. :no: :yes:

Well guys looks like we are going to have another ASN member very soon. The car looked nice apart from a scratch on a drivers side passanger door.
Thanks from my mate for your advice. :thumbsup:

"he's fed up with BMW and wants to buy a decent German motor for a change"

Then DON'T buy a 2.o tdi B7 ..........................
Ignore my words at your peril !

Sorry Paul, your advice seems to be a little late, my mates looks like he's made up his mind. Hopefully he'll have a more positive experience than you appear to have had.

If that's the case good luck I wish him all the best, but please advise him to save a few pennies ( read £'sssssssss) for the rainy days.