Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Help with a mobile phone holder

As above looking a decent mobile phone holder for when I'm in the car.

I have looked and looked but can only find ones for air vents or stick to the window or dash.

What I am looking for is on with a clamp at the end which could be used to attach to the trim that runs down past the headunit , so as to keep it all neat and tidy.

Is there such a holder or am I out of luck. Also I don't want to be screwing anything into the trim etc.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    I used a sat-nav disk, comes supplied with some sat navs and can be had on ebay for a couple of 2. Stuck it to the passenger side of the centre console and used a gooseneck holder with a suction cup to that.

Worked quite well until someone knocked it off when sliding the seat forwards... although I do have a cab so imagine that wouldn't be a problem with saloon/avant?

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Reverse Gear

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    You will need the adaptor for your phone aswell but they are the best iv seen^^^^

Neutral

Status
    Cheers how does that work ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    They usually screw on or clip in with the standard car parts, but im not sure on the A4 my old fiesta it used a screw from the glovebox and a clip to hold it on

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I use a Brodit Pro-clip (the car fitment) married to a Brodit iPhone cradle (phone fitment). Like others have said, by far and away the best.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swalder View Post
    Cheers how does that work ?
    The pictures in the Ebay add show how the Proclip fits into the dash.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Neutral

Status
    Does it have to be screwed in ? Dong fancy putting holes in the dash

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swalder View Post
    Does it have to be screwed in ? Dong fancy putting holes in the dash
    Have you read the advert? It tells you in great detail how to install the holder without damaging the interior in any way.

Helping people is one thing. Being expected to do their thinking for them is quite another.

1st Gear

Status
    I've always used this type of dashmount, with a suitable cradle for whatever phone - Dashmount 71266 Upper Console Mounting Bracket Audi A4 2001 - 2007

Mike.