New member saying hello, introducing my car...a4 cab 3.0tdi sline

Yeti3.0tdi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, had my 2007 a4 cab 3.0tdi for few months now. What can I say? Blown away. My car was an ex demonstrator with only one private lady owner having it before me. 34k on the clock when I bought it now on 39k. Never had a diesel before(or a Quattro) for that matter. I can honestly say one of the best cars I've ever had. Every time I drive it it brings a smile to my face. I generally get bored of cars and have been known to get through them. This is a keeper. The torque I get is fantastic as well as the mpg. I'm going to list the options that came with the car in a min. Can't confess to knowing what type of xenons I have all I know is I have them. Also Il try and post a couple of pics.

Audi a4 cab 3.0tdi manual sline
xenons
heated leather seats
rear sensors
drl
sat nav plus (6 cd changer)
Bose
interior lights (footwell)
18 inch wheels

Strangely no cruise control but might get it retrofitted.

Look forward to talking to you all!

Last edited:
Welcome! Clearly the best choice of engine/roof combo :rockwoot:

I hate you for 3 reasons: You have a manual box, you have xenons and you have heated seats. All of which I want!

Things you should look into:

SmartTop - best £250 you will ever spend
Remap - If you think the torque is good now...

Everyone here is very helpful but the most helpful member is the search button in the top right :whistle2:

Welcome! Clearly the best choice of engine/roof combo :rockwoot:

I hate you for 3 reasons: You have a manual box, you have xenons and you have heated seats. All of which I want!

Things you should look into:

SmartTop - best £250 you will ever spend
Remap - If you think the torque is good now...

Everyone here is very helpful but the most helpful member is the search button in the top right :whistle2:

Cheers mate, I am lucky to have the options I have! Your car sounds fantastic, I'd like to see the mods. Out of interest where do you recommend the smart top getting done? Il defo have some of that!

Morning.. nice to see a familiar face from other forums :) - another upgrade to consider is going to the Mk2 RNS-E unit... much better than the Mk1 - faster/better screen takes 32GB SDHC cards etc etc

Sounds like you bought a cracker though with only 34k on the clock.. thought I has done ok with mine on 67k :)

Cheers mate, I am lucky to have the options I have! Your car sounds fantastic, I'd like to see the mods. Out of interest where do you recommend the smart top getting done? Il defo have some of that!

Cheers Yeti! The smarttop is just a module which fits behind the rear quarter panel and plugs into the OEM roof controller. Not difficult to fit but you need a day where the roof can be off to get access to the area easily. Also useful to have some body panel clips to replace any that may get broken. I bought mine from an online shop in Essex, I cannot remember the name but if you google smarttop it should come up.

Where abouts are you based?

Jjmurphy, I did see them online when I first bought the car but never got round to pursuing it. I'm in bromley, Kent by the way.Out of interest what else can you recommend I can do? Cheers pal

Morning.. nice to see a familiar face from other forums :) - another upgrade to consider is going to the Mk2 RNS-E unit... much better than the Mk1 - faster/better screen takes 32GB SDHC cards etc etc

Sounds like you bought a cracker though with only 34k on the clock.. thought I has done ok with mine on 67k :)

hi matt, yes I was very lucky. I buy my cars from auction and I did get carried away with this one. Probably paid a bit to much but I always think a bit extra for a low mileage/full history good condition etc is worth it.

welcome along to the forum buddy. Looks like a really nice ride. I nearly went for the 3.0TDi but various reasons went for the 2.7, both lovely engines.

Spotted you mentioned cruise control. before paying over the odds for someone to do it have a look at my thread I wrote all the info/guide and up to date info on what you need etc. It's so cheap and makes the car even more effortless to drive. As for a remap, not sure where you're based but defo want to get that done and have the EGR and DPF disabled and DPF removed!

p.s. damn your RNSE! jealous haha

hope you enjoy the forum!

Thanks everyone, been made to feel more than welcome. Seen some special cars on this forum! I don't know where to start. I'm already prioritising some mods I never even knew about lol.

Couple more pics

Last edited:
looks stunning i wanted a 3.0 but when i bought mine they were 18k so could not justify it,i gave 10700 for my 2.5tdi b6 5 years ago same colour as mine too,

Jjmurphy, I did see them online when I first bought the car but never got round to pursuing it. I'm in bromley, Kent by the way.Out of interest what else can you recommend I can do? Cheers pal

One mod that seems to be generally approved is to change the rear anti-roll bar (RARB) for the RS4 version.
So upgrading from 20mm (for S-line) to 24mm (for RS4) has a major improvement.
Parts cost; I have mine on order for about 140 GBP, including all bolts, rubbers and mount clamps.
Search RARB for parts list.

Keep the car flat in corners, and hence improves traction (the back wheels are keeping the car flat, and so the front wheel can keep putting down the power) and reduces understeer.

Very nice, welcome to the world of torque! Also, what is a SmartTop?
SmartTop is a control box that integrates with teh roof controller to give better roof and remote facilities.
I had one on a previous open-top, and it was the first mod I did to this car.
Functions:
The roof control becomes one-touch, up or down.
The four-window button becomes one-touch for up as well as down.
You can reverse the roof switch polarity, if you find the existing confusing.
Using the remote, you can open or close the windows, open or close the roof (and select if the windows end up open or closed).
Oh, yes, you can fold the roof at non-zero speeds; not a function that's useful with this large sail-like cloth-top but great on my previous folding hard-top.

I find it particularly useful for getting the roof down before rear-seat passengers get in; because the rear window/screen uses the headroom of the rear passengers when folding, you would need to get in, ignition, hold the switch, and then get out before they could start to get in. (Or hold the key in the door lock)
Oh, yes, because it's done on the fob and not ignition, you can be getting ready to drive (not having to hold the switch or the key), and you can start the roof whilst you are still 20 seconds away, so you can get in and drive. Similar for locking; arrive, and walk away whilst it folds up behind you! (Only thing you can't do is use the boot; interlock there will stop the roof function)

Reactions: A4_MaJiK
One mod that seems to be generally approved is to change the rear anti-roll bar (RARB) for the RS4 version.
So upgrading from 20mm (for S-line) to 24mm (for RS4) has a major improvement.
Parts cost; I have mine on order for about 140 GBP, including all bolts, rubbers and mount clamps.
Search RARB for parts list.

Keep the car flat in corners, and hence improves traction (the back wheels are keeping the car flat, and so the front wheel can keep putting down the power) and reduces understeer.

Thats next on the list of my jobs is the RS4 RARB...

I've also got a Moro blue Cab, a B6. Lovely colour when it's sunny.
Does the 3.0 Tdi have a chain or cambelt ? The cost of cambelts put me of a V6 engined car so I went for a 1.8T.
Most of my previous cars had chains which seems a much better idea.
Looks great, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.