And another mod ;)

ricostuart

Reaction score
So I decided to change my bluetooth module from the Low (Basic) to the High unit so I get full phone control. Was a pig of a job, as all the information online that I could find said it was under the passanger or drivers side! So had to pull everything out to find it!

If it helps, in the UK version (RHD), the convienence module is under the passanger seat in a black plastic case, while the bluetooth module is under the drivers seat in a black case.

The seat does need to come out - well unbolted and moved as far back as possible to gain access. Pretty fidley to move the carpet, but fairly easy to actually change the unit.

So I have the old basic one for sale if anyone is interested!

clicking on telephone on rnse brings up a dialer, also can access the phonebook on my phone via rnse.

Our of curosity what is the part number of the one you are selling?

The low module you get 0 control, you just get a message on the screen about inserting sim the high module you get full control.

Huh, I advised you only recently it was under drivers seat.

Huh, I advised you only recently it was under drivers seat.

That you did! :)

Does anyone know how to transfer phone contacts to the RNSE? It asked once to transfer contacts, but hasnt re-asked when i had to repair my phone.

Make sure the BT module comfort coding is enabled & also rns-e is enabled for telephone with a 7 digit aswell as enabling telephone on the bus in adaptations of the instruments.

All done :
56 - Radio :
77 - Telephone:
17 - Instruments:
(can-databus comfort - 3331)
(can-databus infotainment - 23)
(can-databus power train - 1111)

Also, pressing mode button on steering wheel, a message on the DIS says : "BUTTON NOT USED"

Still doesnt seem to be quite right as contacts will not sync at all. Is there a way of getting the bluetooth module to "forget" about the phone (by adding more devices, or vagcom delete?)

Code steering for telephone aswell