Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Misfire under load, coil pack????

Trying to investigate a misfire I'm getting when the engine is under load. The misfire is only happens above 2500rpm but then it's quite bad. Pottering round town is fine. Having read the forums alot of people are suggesting coil packs which initially seems logical. Question is, would a failing coli pack cause a constant fault rather than just one over 2500rpm. Initially I got the emission warning light flashing which dissappeared if I eased off but it's now on constantly regardless of speed. Unfortunately I don't have VCDS. I was going to get a new pack and swap out the old ones till I found the culprit but wanted some reassurance I was looking in the right place? Cheers
    A4 (07) 2.0T FSI S Line - Dolphin Grey

Mods: Remap, DIS, Washer Bottle sensor, AUX Input, Ambient Light, Puddle/Warning Lights, Aftermarket SATNAV/DVD, VAG-COM Tweaks.

Future Mods:
    B5 Caps, H&R Springs, 19's

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Spark plug has caused me issues under load before on my previous S3 8L, was a cracked ceramic, also coils, has yours had the coils recalled?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkster001 View Post
    Trying to investigate a misfire I'm getting when the engine is under load. The misfire is only happens above 2500rpm but then it's quite bad. Pottering round town is fine. Having read the forums alot of people are suggesting coil packs which initially seems logical. Question is, would a failing coli pack cause a constant fault rather than just one over 2500rpm. Initially I got the emission warning light flashing which dissappeared if I eased off but it's now on constantly regardless of speed. Unfortunately I don't have VCDS. I was going to get a new pack and swap out the old ones till I found the culprit but wanted some reassurance I was looking in the right place? Cheers
    Mine was the same and then eventually 1 of the coil packs just gave up. I changed all 4 which helped but then i also did the plugs aswell (as above). I also found my diverter to be weak so replaced that for the forge diverter. Never had a problem since
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    Mine was the same and then eventually 1 of the coil packs just gave up. I changed all 4 which helped but then i also did the plugs aswell (as above). I also found my diverter to be weak so replaced that for the forge diverter. Never had a problem since
    Thanks for the feedback. It looks like I'm going down the same road. A local indie scanned the motor for me and as suspected it showed random misfires on cylinder 4. Based on this I took the plunge and grabbed a new coil from the local stealer and so far soo good, no misfires. As my motor approaching 100k I'm thinking of replacing the DV too. Any major benefits to the forged item? If the OEM one has lasted 100k I'll probably go OEM unless I'm missing a trick?
    A4 (07) 2.0T FSI S Line - Dolphin Grey

Mods: Remap, DIS, Washer Bottle sensor, AUX Input, Ambient Light, Puddle/Warning Lights, Aftermarket SATNAV/DVD, VAG-COM Tweaks.

Future Mods:
    B5 Caps, H&R Springs, 19's

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by yorkster001 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. It looks like I'm going down the same road. A local indie scanned the motor for me and as suspected it showed random misfires on cylinder 4. Based on this I took the plunge and grabbed a new coil from the local stealer and so far soo good, no misfires. As my motor approaching 100k I'm thinking of replacing the DV too. Any major benefits to the forged item? If the OEM one has lasted 100k I'll probably go OEM unless I'm missing a trick?
    Id would be tempted to replace the other 3 aswell. Its not unusual for the others to fail after installing one individual coil. I went for the forge mainly because there is less chance of it failing again long term, also with me going k04 hybrid next month, its definately going to handle it. I would go for the revised diverter if your not wanting to spend £170. You will find the part number on another post, these are more reliable than stock. Plus its a frequently asked question
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status
    The revised oem diverter is much, much improved over the original version. It can also handle a lot more power too, if you go for a Stage 1 or 2 Tune in the future. Not sure why you would pay so much more for Forge or a other Brand unless you have a taste for nice shiney Billet Aluminium...

Cheers
    A

5th Gear

Status
    As above. I'm running the OEM diverter valve on a stage 1 remap with no issues.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    The revised oem diverter is much, much improved over the original version. It can also handle a lot more power too, if you go for a Stage 1 or 2 Tune in the future. Not sure why you would pay so much more for Forge or a other Brand unless you have a taste for nice shiney Billet Aluminium...

Cheers
    A
    For the sound with the APR carbonio intake, also the fact that ill be running 360bhp and 370ft/lbs of torque. That was the main selling point for me. If you dont jntend on going any further than the k03, go for the rev d, but thats more or less what i said earlier. Plus i got mine for £90

1st Gear

Status
    I recently got my Rev D valve from these guys.
    2005 B7 A4 2.0T in Moro Blue

Interior, Number Plate & Sidelight LED's from T8ups, 18" 9 Spoke TT Wheels.
    BGB Engine Code.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mancdan View Post
    I recently got my Rev D valve from these guys.
    I see they are still offering the old model too.....Crafty!. This is the part second down on the ,link is the correct updated one..er...right? OEM 2.0T Upgraded Piston Diverter Valve 06H 145 710D