A4 Sline 2.0t se black exhaust tips ( HELP )

SNAKESASS

TT 2.0 TFSI
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help ,
Ive got the standard exhaust with the black tips , there 80mm in diameter and are very short. Ive have searched the universe for some chrome tips to slot over the end but no luck. One option is to have them cut off and new stainless tips welded on. After spending nearly a grand on a new Vanos unit I'm a bit skint so has anyone got any suggestions.

The exhaust is in excellent condition so I'm a little nervous about cutting and welding. Would prefer tips but just can't find the right size.

Do what I did at the weekend mate. Wire wool and autosol will bring them up cleaner mate.

Elbow grease works wonders :)

las previously said, wire wool and a good metal polish.

Thanks for the reply lads ,
Just picked up some autosol form Halfords. Going to get stuck in before the Audi drivers awards on Saturday. Can't turn up with a dirty motor. You guys going ?

I bought some genuine audi tips that had been cut off on fleebay for a fiver, cut the rubbish ones off *** theyre only tack welded on, then welded the new ones on. All in cost was about £15.00

I bought some genuine audi tips that had been cut off on fleebay for a fiver, cut the rubbish ones off *** theyre only tack welded on, then welded the new ones on. All in cost was about £15.00

got any pictures mate

Havent got any before pics but they were just the turnt down style before

these alegedly came off a pd170 A4

They look the biz , I'm going to try elbow grease , wire wool and solvol autosol first. If that's a no go then a cut and weld it is. I presume you had to take the rear box off to do this. I will have to remove two if thats the case ?

Thanks they do make a noticeable difference, and Nope. took a dremel to the welds theyre smaller than a 5p peice ,pulled the old ones off, then welded the new ones on. It sounds easy and tbh... It is.