AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Knocking sound from rear

Hi Guys,

I've noticed that recently my A4 B7 has started making a sort of knocking/banging sound from the rear. It is only really noticeable at slow speed - mostly when stationery and then reversing or when going down an incline and coming to a stop. I'm thinking it must be a suspension bush somewhere that's knackered or perhaps an ARB bush?

Initially I thought it was the sound of the petrol moving in the tank as I read a similar thread that suggested this. However it seems to do it even with a full tank.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Alex

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Mine did that once and turned out to be a RARB bush. Have you tried if with passengers in the rear as it made it worse on mine. Might help pin point
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzini7 View Post
    Mine did that once and turned out to be a RARB bush. Have you tried if with passengers in the rear as it made it worse on mine. Might help pin point
    Wicked thanks - i'll listen next time I have some passengers on board

4th Gear

Status
    Could be something else but does sound similar to mine. Mine was due to a twisted bush after fitting RS4 RARB and getting a dodgy batch of bushes. But the old ones that came off looked pretty worn out. Hopefully that's you're problem as they're nice and cheap to replace. Unless you decide to pop the RS4 RARB on at the same time
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Engine knackered!!

Status
    RS4 RARB highly recommended! Just fitted mine, see my build thread.
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread