Air system fan

ricostuart

Reaction score
Hi all,

does anyone have any details on how the heater fan in the passanger footwell can be removed? I want to take it all apart to give it an overhall and clean.

Cheers!

What's wrong with it, as if its the main fan unit that plums into the main air housing unit, messing with these can affect the balancing & make a horrible noise when reinstalled & running, which is why its better to fit a replacement if its got an issue.

Its pretty dirty and has a mildew-like smell. I can see that a few fins have weights on them for balancing, so wasnt planning in touching them. Wanted to get the unit out, clean the fins and the housing as well as checking the carbon brushes to see if they need replacing. Also probably give the motor a clean.

TBH by the time you've done that, you could of had a new unit fitted done & dusted mate, but hey I'm all for stripping parts down etc :)

I actually did this to my own unit, but it was fubar, so swapped it out for new.

probably will go down replaceing it at some point, but its a good learning point. Whats the best way to access it to get it out?

if its not broke an all that

True, but I really want to clean out the system to get any mildew and crap out. Changed the filter again today and that will make a difference, but want it nice and ready for the winter.