Drl question

Ash92

Reaction score
Just bought these drl strips for my headlights now I no how to install them but I dont have a clue on how to wire them up. Ive tried searching the web but cant seem to find anything on how to wire up. Im not the best at electrics so all the advice would help. Thanks in advance.
Ash

Attachments

• 1381254840599.jpg
    1381254840599.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 210
Ash.

Do you want them just to come on as a DRL when you turn the ignition on? would you want them to turn off when you turn the lights on or do you want them on all the time?

Trups

Im after fitting them so there on all the time if you could help that would be great help.
Cheers

All you need to do then is make up a loom, buy a couple of meters of wire, red and black, connect them to the DRL's each side and then earth the black one.

For an ignition wire you can get one off your headlight switch, if going to that I would also put an inline 10amp fuse just incase the DRL goes, you only want the fuse to go and not anything else.

Trups

Sorry if this is obvious bit im rubbish with electrics when earthing does this have to be the negative just wondering because iv tested the drl and the red is negative for some reason would i attatch this to the body of the car also how would i tell which is the ignition cable. thanks for the help

If they wire are the wrong way around then just remember which is which.

Have you got any tools to do a test to see, when you pull the switch out just test all, I don't have a B7 so wouldn't be able to tell you.

Trups

My DRL's are wired through my heated washer jets which means the DRL's are on all the time that ignition is on. This is easiest way to wire them as you dont have to go through bulkhead

Reactions: t8ups
Ill look into that aswel will i still need to put the fuse in also with earthing the negative is that to the frame or is there an earth cable i attatch it to and im unsure if mine has heated washer jets is this a standard thing.
Cheers
ash

Iv decided to go with the washer jets but i do not have a clue how i attatch it or what with heres some options i have in the pics any one give some advice on the easiest way of wiring up my drl.20131015 20422920131015 204241

Strip the wire you intend to piggyback off and solder the wires together and then use a bit of heat shrink to protect them.

That's how i would do it anyway

Thats what im tryin to find out i was going to go down the same route but not soldering just tape up with lekie tape.

I wouldn't advise it, but it's entirely up to you.
If you are really not keen on soldering the wires use a terminal block and a piece of heat shrink to protect the connection from any moisture

Ok ill give terminal block a blast tomorow if that fails il give the soldering a gi cheers for the help