Buying B7

dale86

Reaction score
Hi all I currently have a b6 Tdi and Im itching to upgrade to a b7 that my mates selling. It is a 55 plate s line with full heated leather parking sensors and Bose and xenons. It only has 86,000 on the clock and full service history the only thing putting me off and that is making me think about how it's valued is that it's originally a black car and it's been painted white. It looks awesome but as soon as you open the doors and boot a and bonnet you can see it's a black car lol in my opinion I think this takes away from the value of the car not add to it as I think this is his opinion as to how he has priced it. He's asking 7200 is this reasonable abd what's to check I've heard night mare story's about oil pumps and injectors please any input would be great thanks.

Are you moving to a B7 tdi ? or B7 Petrol?

Usually if it has been repainted it must be noted to the DVLA on the V5. If it doesnt and you are in a accident. You will have some issues.

you could always respray the jams and under bonnet areas with white plastidip or similar if its really annoying. Would be quite an easy task. If you like it other than that, then I would say go for it! I prefer the b7 over the b6 personally, but they are not all that different under the skin. Its all a personal preference! :D

It's a tdi and it's allready registered as white as it's comes up on reg check app on my phone as white bud.

Is their any common probs I need to look out for. I've been told by my mates who are mechanics that the 2.0 isn't as good as my 1.9 I have which is a bit worrying knowing my luck I'll buy it and a month later end up wit a massive bill lol

Tbh there are horror stories about all versions, but they are few and far between. The tdi is generally a strong machine'm

Tbh there are horror stories about all versions, but they are few and far between. The tdi is generally a strong machine'm

In my experience the 2.0 tdi as found in the B7 models is a dog and quite possibly (I have been driving Audis for nearly thirty years) the worst engine design they have even put together.

You pays your money and you takes your pick .................

Is there a reason why he painted it white? It hasn't been crash damaged before and painted white has it?

Paul b7 that's seems to be the answer I've had from a few people mate and it wasn't painted by him it was done by a previous owner I think.