Would B8 mirrors fit B7?

maikysupra

Reaction score
Hi guys, would anyone know if it's possible to fit wing mirrors from b8 to a b7 model. I just love the look of the new rs4/s4/s5 aluminium mirrors with the build in indicators and was wondering whether it would be possible to mount them on a A4 B7 door? Would try myself but somehow hesitant to spend a small fortune on a set only to find they don't... Any ideas?

i would doubt it due to the body shape being different. Very unlikely the attachement plates will be the same. An adaptor theoretically could be made but not worth it imo.

You can disconnect the mirror arm from the base plate, but unsure if the B8 arm would slot on and fold correctly.......this is the great thing about modding and would love to see it done :)

Done this type of mod a lot with lupo mirror on golf bases etc and have split apart my power fold mirrors too

i looked into this for a few month even choped a few mirrors
and no

wouldnt mind indicators in my mirrors, so i could smooth off the repeater :D

just smoth them off its not a mot fail
well iv never had a problem

i looked into this for a few month even choped a few mirrors
and no
So the mirrors are different; no great surprise there! But what about parts of the mirrors?
For the motorised folding, in particular, can bits be swapped between mirror chassis of one model and another?

So the mirrors are different; no great surprise there! But what about parts of the mirrors?
For the motorised folding, in particular, can bits be swapped between mirror chassis of one model and another?

i would very much doubt it as the car is a different shape, so are the mirrors. They didnt carry anything over as far as I know, so even internals are different. May have been made by a different supplier. You could, if you have time, hack some apart and frankenstein something together.

i would very much doubt it as the car is a different shape, so are the mirrors. They didnt carry anything over as far as I know, so even internals are different. May have been made by a different supplier. You could, if you have time, hack some apart and frankenstein something together.

Building up a component from spare body parts might be effective for redundant parts (dead cars in scrap yards) but it's hard enough to find reasonably priced B7 parts, let alone B8.
I would be more likely to find the bits for the mirror of a B7, and so would have more confidence that they would fit into my B7 shells.
But the scrappie prices are higher than the mirror chassis from Audi; a folding mirror chassis is "only" £143, and the scrappies are asking £300 to £600 for the whole mirror.

folding mirror chassis is

i have both sides

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382795125142192ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382795135874958ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382795147676365

Thanks Bez101. I would be very surprised if they weren't as the shape and size is very different indeed. I was more wondering whether the attachment plates were similar (or same) so I could just bolt the whole thing right on the b7 door....

Thanks Bez101. I would be very surprised if they weren't as the shape and size is very different indeed. I was more wondering whether the attachment plates were similar (or same) so I could just bolt the whole thing right on the b7 door....
Your best result is likely to keep the mounting plates for your door, and fit the new mirrors on the outside.
This simplified the interface to one folding interface (which actually can have lots of variation, but might just be common), and the style thing.