Retro-fitting last remaining options.. Worth it or not??

g00se

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive had my motor 3 yrs now, and stuck nearly 50k on the clock (the first owner did 23k before i got it) .. but it's always niggled at me that theres just a couple of factory options my car doesnt have..

1. Cool box in glove compartment (£55 option from new)
2. BOSE Sound system (£480 option from new)
3. Heated rear outer seats (£450 option from new)
4. Tow bar pack (£650 option from new)
5. Homelink garage door opener (£170 option from new)

I think that's it.. now I know im very lucky to have all the goodies that I do, and i dont want to upset anyone. But is it worth it to add the bits i dont have?

Heated rears i'm not bothered about (as i never go back there!), I never tow anything, and i haven't got round to fitting an electric opener to my garage door yet.. so really it's the fridge, which is an easy retrofit, and the BOSE speaker upgrade which you can pick up on ebay.

Thoughts guys?

Cheers,
goose

glove box - probably not
bose - many people prefer the non-bose system (worth testing out someones who already has that system)
headed rear seats - personally i dont care if someone in the back has a cold ****!
tow bar pack - not recommended on the s4 it seems. only useful if you will be doing plenty of towing
homelink - do you have homelink garage at home? Its predominantly an american system.

Glove box cooler, worth it for me and only took about 30 minutes and I was taking my time.
I did only fit the pipe though.

1. Cool box in glove compartment (£55 option from new)
2. BOSE Sound system (£480 option from new)
3. Heated rear outer seats (£450 option from new)
4. Tow bar pack (£650 option from new)
5. Homelink garage door opener (£170 option from new)

1: No, had in our S4 & didn't really achieve much.
2: Its a fair system for what it costs factory, however retrofitting is allot more expensive & would take a few days overall.
3: If its cheap to fit, then yes if you have regular backseat passengers.
4: Only if you need it to use very often.
5: Very expensive part new, unless you really need it then I wouldn't bother, I have fitted before.

If that's all you're missing may as well go for some none factory options.

17641d1358441459-ricer-pictures-imageuploadedbyag-free1358441458.232657.jpg

Reactions: Macdoon