Installing kufatec harness

jimbooboo

Reaction score
I am going down the halogen to xenon route and have just routed the kufatec harness through the bulkhead ready for headlights this weekend..

I followed a guide that fed it in via the left hand side of a car into the drivers side which was left hand drive.. As mine is right hand drive its on the passenger side.

The question is.. do i now need to route the harness though to the drivers side to plug it in? Or is that look still on the left hand side of the car despite being of opposite wheel drive.. I just want to know before I start looking for a connector that isnt going to be there etc

here is the guide I have roughly followed

DIY: Halogen to Bi-Xenon - Kufatec Interface

Cheers, James

All the connectors/relays will be on the drivers side of the car for UK models

You will have to route it on the drivers side of the car.

I'll give you a tip, i used this way to do mine:

remove the panel under the steering wheel (3x 8mm bolts)
next install your loom then the wire to go in the cab, route it along under the foam strip
on the right hand side of the ecu, will be a grommet just under the pipe if i remember
make a hole small enough for the wires to go thru but not too big or water will enter your footwell
then poke the wires thru the grommet and you will see them coming from under the steering wheel area (best to have 1 person pushing the wire thru and 1 to look for it coming thru under neath)
next once the wires are thru just push fit them into the plug as mentioned in the guide.

its really straight forward, if you need any help drop me a message.

you may need a new cem to stop any flickering of the lights

some central electrics modules wont take the codeing for xenon
the module your gona connect the 2 wires to
so you may need to change it

Its a cabriolet S-line ?

That make a difference?

makes no diffrence
plug vcds in and post part number