RNS-E coding

Cyrix

Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked about 12 million times, but I couldn't find much of a definative answer anywhere.

I have a B7 Avant with the following factory fitted - Bose, MFSW, Bluetooth.

Just swapped the original Symphony 2 for a RNS-E Mk2.

Everything works except for the following :

DIS - Navigation instructions not displayed

Bluetooth - Can't view the contents of my phonebook on the RNS-E.

Any ideas? I have VCDS and have had a play with little to no success.

google theres loads of guides
also the ross tech wiki
and you should have the drop down helpers in vcds

With VCDS go into 17 (Instrument cluster) -> Adaptation -> Function 10 -> Channel 62

The options are
+01 - Radio
+02 - Telefon
+04 - Navigation
+08 - Telematics
+16 - Instrument Cluster
To add navigation, add +4 to the current value.

Note that some clusters take a while to pickup the new value, I seen instant to 24 hours.

In respect to the phone the following information would be good

What make model phone you have

What version of the Audi Bluetooth module do you have

Coding of the RNS-E & Bluetooth module

With VCDS go into 17 (Instrument cluster) -> Adaptation -> Function 10 -> Channel 62

The options are
+01 - Radio
+02 - Telefon
+04 - Navigation
+08 - Telematics
+16 - Instrument Cluster
To add navigation, add +4 to the current value.

Note that some clusters take a while to pickup the new value, I seen instant to 24 hours.

In respect to the phone the following information would be good

What make model phone you have

What version of the Audi Bluetooth module do you have

Coding of the RNS-E & Bluetooth module

Cheers for that, most helpful.

Instrument cluster value was 19, I've changed it to 23. No change but as you say may take time to register?

Phone - Iphone 5

Bluetooth module - 8P0 862 335 H

Bluetooth coding - 0011802

RNS-E coding - 0309715

coding looks OK, but unless you have an SDS enabled nav then change the bluetooth code to 0011822. Also if you have RED dis then you need to switch the nav off and on before the guidance appears in the dis. All A4's that had nav fitted from factory had colour DIS which does not have the off and on bug the red dis has.

coding looks OK, but unless you have an SDS enabled nav then change the bluetooth code to 0011822. Also if you have RED dis then you need to switch the nav off and on before the guidance appears in the dis. All A4's that had nav fitted from factory had colour DIS which does not have the off and on bug the red dis has.

Even with colour DIS it takes time to apear. I spent weeks trying to get it working on my S4 only to end up leaving the setting active out of frustration and a few hours later (approx. 3) it apeared!!!!

Hi,

I’ve just installed an RNS-E and KUFATEC 36431 Audi Basic Plus Bluetooth phone kit into my 2008 Audi A4 convertible. I live in England and with a European RNS-E.

I know that I need to code the RNS-E to the car via the VCDS but I am unsure what the correct codes should be for the RNS-E, multi functional steering wheel and instrument display. Currently the sat Nav instructions do not appear in the instrument cluster and neither the mode or voice control buttons on the multi functional steering wheel work. What does work are both the selection wheels on the steering wheel for volume and track change and when using the phone, the DIS displays phone.

Using the VCDS, the current stored codes are as follows:

Steering wheel 02011
Instrument 0006411 with the number currently stored in the adaption for channel 62 being 17
Radio 0301713

From what I have read in various forums, I believe I need to change the numbers to the following:

Steering wheel 03011
Instrument adaption channel 62 to 21
Radio 0301717

Can someone please validate the correct codes for me please as I think I’ve read every forum page and have not been able to determine the right codes.

Cheers