Special Edition Grey Leather Colour

dpaz

Reaction score
Had a good search on the forum but can't seem to find anything on this.

Had a friend leave behind some scratches in the grey leather (middle sections) on my SE :( I'm suspecting a pair of jean buttons or similar. Don't worry he's offered to pay for the touch up pen from LTT Leather Care :w00t:

Problem is, I dont know the name of the grey leather colour? Does anyone know this? The nearest match on that chart seems to be 'Dove'. But supposedly I can email them with the name and they will match it.

Your data sticker should have a two-letter colour code for the leather upholstery. You can then cross reference that code to the colour chart in the brochure. PM me your email address, and I'll send you a pdf of the brochure.

Reactions: dpaz

Only noticed the scratches tonight as its one of the back seats so not had chance to take a picture. Will do tomorrow.

Your data sticker should have a two-letter colour code for the leather upholstery. You can then cross reference that code to the colour chart in the brochure. PM me your email address, and I'll send you a pdf of the brochure.

Thanks jdp1962. Will PM you in a second.

Picture of one of the scratches

With help from jdp1962 :thumbsup:I've discovered the trim is Volterra Graphite/Black.

Reactions: jdp1962
It's the same trim as shown in this picture. The middle grey section is the damaged area which I know now is graphite.

Audi a4 estate 2 0 tdi 170 s line special edition 5dr eb5c4f354449d238a026794ca85e82bb 640x480

Try some gliptone liquid leather cleaner and restorer. Used it on an old a3 and it was perfect for scratches

I work around the corner from Gliptone / Liquid Leather, and, having a couple of scratches in the graphite leather, was going to pop in to see what they recommended :)

I've tried their cleaner and conditioner on the scratches, which dulled them back a little, but they're still visible. Mine however, are deeper scuffs than in the picture above. Once I've done it I'll report back.

I work around the corner from Gliptone / Liquid Leather, and, having a couple of scratches in the graphite leather, was going to pop in to see what they recommended :)

I've tried their cleaner and conditioner on the scratches, which dulled them back a little, but they're still visible. Mine however, are deeper scuffs than in the picture above. Once I've done it I'll report back.
The cleaner and conditioner are not for scratches. You need one of their Scuffmaster kits.

That sounds like what I need ;)

I read the post above mine where ruairi suggests using the cleaner and conditioner / restorer and having used it with great success on my mk4 Golf Recaro leathers it was worth a try. The A4's leather is a lot harder it appears though.

A scratch in leather is where the top surface has been removed or damaged exposing an un-dyed area of the leather.

The only way to repair or hide the scratch is to dye the area again with a matching colour.