Urgent advice please 😃

dentsy

Love this B7 cab
Reaction score
Website
www.ftd-technics.co.uk
Hi all , it's been Avery long time since I have been back on here as an Audi owner 😃

I have come back to Audi after a silly spell of owning 2 Volvos, I have px my car for an A4 2.0 TDI S line avant 07 year on a 56 plate with full Audi history inc cambelt change I am picking the car up Tues. When I drove the car it was a dream no issues bumps or rattles and plenty of power , while the engine was running I took off the filler cap as there seemed some oil pooling around the rubber bit at the bottom of the cap I put my hand over the opening to check for any pressure and found that my hand got covered in oil and then it started spitting oil out in a very fine mist all over my arm 😒 the dealer is doing a full service for me prior to collection as it's due very soon and he said it looks like the crankcase breather must be blocked that caused this oil splatter. No smoke or oil coming from exhaust at all and engine sounds like a dream is he right by saying this ?
is there a PCV valve on them that can get blocked ? I need to know before I go back and sign on the dotted line !

Advice very much appreciated and it's nice to be getting an Audi again 😃

regards,

simon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 161
Someone should be able to help you find the right answer to your query.

170s do seem to have various issues. ..don't sign on any dotted line until your 100% and checked it out and completely satisfied.

Good luck.

if your still unsure after all you have researched. ..then walk away

Someone should be able to help you find the right answer to your query.

170s do seem to have various issues. ..don't sign on any dotted line until your 100% and checked it out and completely satisfied.

Good luck.

if your still unsure after all you have researched. ..then walk away

thanks for the reply mate 😃

she is a 140 but apparently it's had a proper remap as there is an invoice for it in the history but don't know yet what it's now pushing out,

thanks,

Si

Hi, just a little update , I popped into a local garage selling one the same as I am buying and it's only done 65k and I removed the oil cap and it did exactly the same , oil pooling around cap base rubber too !

is this a normal thing with these engines ?

si