Sky InsuranceBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: A few body shop pics, before and after.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel

A few body shop pics, before and after.

At vw fest I had an unfortunate incident with a friend of mine, which unfortunately resulted in me requiring a new rear door.

Weve been so busy at work that I've only just managed to get it in and painted this week. So here's a few pics. I would love to know what you think. You may notice I painted a few extras while I was at it

I will be also giving it a full detail once it's back together so the detailed pics will follow. Hope you like!

Stage 1
    Preperation.

i painted the door earlier and then prepared the full side for blend (plus a few little chips etc)

Stage 2
    Degrease and mask ready for paint.

Stage 3
    Paint. After spot priming with wet on wet primer I then applied the white ground coat (Stage 1)
    Followed by the red pearl coat (Stage 2) I then Applied 2 coats of Spies Hecker clear coat (Stage 3)
    (All with the appropriate flash off times in between)

Stage 4
    De mask (after 40 minute bake)

AND SERVE!!...

That is pretty much how I left it at 5pm yesterday. I'm back at work Monday and will be
    flatting and polishing every painted panel to match the texture of the rest of the car (yes I did flat and polish the whole car)
    then I will be detailing the whole car for the bestest shiniest results (proper England) Watch out for the rest of the pics next week.
    hope you like!!
    voorhees, NHN and scotty76 like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Looks like a top job Craig!
    Craig Cull likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I know nothing about the dark mysteries of bodywork and repair but it sure looks good....starting to get a real taste for the red Audi colour for my next bus.....

Looking good.

BR
    A
    Craig Cull likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks guys, thanks for looking, I'll hopefully update you with the finished product
    I don't often get the chance to post my finished jobs, thought I'd take the opportunity

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    I know nothing about the dark mysteries of bodywork and repair but it sure looks good....starting to get a real taste for the red Audi colour for my next bus.....

Looking good.

BR
    A
    misano red is a beautiful colour when polished
    but being a 3 stage pearl it's not a cheap colour to paint. But it is amazing when detailed, especially in the sun when it brings out the white pearl

5th Gear

Status
    Nice! When are you giving mine a complete respray (for free)?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Nice! When are you giving mine a complete respray (for free)?
    hahaha! God loves a tryer! I will be detailing as of next year aswell as supplying a paint service so I'm sure I could lend a hand

1st Gear

Status
    just wondering how much that would usually cost if you don't mind me asking. mine has scattered stone chips and I think a key scratch which is quit deep and wouldn't mine a spray in the future.
    cheers
    ash
    voorhees likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash92 View Post
    just wondering how much that would usually cost if you don't mind me asking. mine has scattered stone chips and I think a key scratch which is quit deep and wouldn't mine a spray in the future.
    cheers
    ash
    PM Craig as this could be deemed as an advert Ash
    Craig Cull likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Looks great Craig :-) Glad to see you've got it sorted!
    Craig Cull likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    PM Craig as this could be deemed as an advert Ash
    Can you pops few pics up mate? Can give you a half realistic price by all means
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_C View Post
    Looks great Craig :-) Glad to see you've got it sorted!
    Cheers jord glad you like! Thanks for taking the time to post you honest opinion
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

cheers
    ash
    Sorry mate I quoted the wrong post. Take a few photos for me and I can have a look for you and hopefully point you in the right direction

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Lovely job, Craigcull.

Where are you based?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    cheers
    ash
    My car's covered in stone chips too. I feel your pain.

5th Gear

Status
    Lovely job there Craig. Car looks stunning. Looking forward to seeing the finished result it already looks awesome.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Lovely job, Craigcull.

Where are you based?
    Thanks mate, I'm based in Leeds

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Lovely job there Craig. Car looks stunning. Looking forward to seeing the finished result it already looks awesome.
    Cheers Scotty, I painted the full front end to illiminate the stone chips 3 years ago, unfortunately i have probably 10 that I can see, just a problem that has no perminent fix no matter how much you spend. But having some partial OCD means ill always paint again just for the sake of it lol! Almost becomes an obsession. I'll be more than happy to take a look for you

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

cheers
    ash
    Sorry ash I didn't read this properly lastnite. The public house got the better of me lol!
    For a job that size in a 3 stage pearl from a vag approved body shop would easily be £1000. But you would get a 5 year warranty and it wouldn't invalidate your 13 manufacturers corrosion warranty.

3rd Gear

Status
    I must say it has been masked very nicely.

Also love the colour.

A bit off topic but just wondering would you by any chance know what booth they're using.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by SL11CKK View Post
    I must say it has been masked very nicely.

Also love the colour.

A bit off topic but just wondering would you by any chance know what booth they're using.
    Thanks mate, the tighter the masking, the less chance of any dust blowing onto the panel. I'm abit anal like that lol!

To be honest, we are using a pre historic burnt wood booth. It's probably 30 years old, but we're having a full revamp and getting updated to new state of the art ovens. This one was made when the biggest car on the road was a Granada Lol! I complain about it all the time, but if I'm being honest, it really looked after me on Friday. It just goes to show, it's not what your painting but how you paint it. A little more time spent in the early stages really pays off in the long run

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    Sorry ash I didn't read this properly lastnite. The public house got the better of me lol!
    For a job that size in a 3 stage pearl from a vag approved body shop would easily be £1000. But you would get a 5 year warranty and it wouldn't invalidate your 13 manufacturers corrosion warranty.
    To be honest the main bit i need doing is the front bumper as looks like some one has bloody roller brushed it on in places and the rear right pillar i think its called ill pm you with some pics if you dont.mind me.having a look.
    Cheers
    ash

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

To be honest the main bit i need doing is the front bumper as looks like some one has bloody roller brushed it on in places and the rear right pillar i think its called ill pm you with some pics if you dont.mind me.having a look.
    Cheers
    ash
    no problem ash, I'll take a look a see what I can do

Avantee

Status
    looks like a top job mate. will look even better when polished up i'm sure. hats off to you fella.
    Craig Cull likes this.

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    looks like a top job mate. will look even better when polished up i'm sure. hats off to you fella.
    thanks mate, I appreciate you having a look

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Hi guys, just an update. My car came out of the body shop Tuesday and is now back on the road. Here she is "BEFORE" detailing.
    I'll be honest, I've been too busy to finish the job and I'm hoping to detail this weekend.

voorhees, V6 Quatt, CHEZ and 3 others like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Looking good pal
    Craig Cull likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Audibritz View Post
    Looking good pal
    Thanks mate, should have some more impressive photos by the weekend, weather permitting. Then over to D4NY G for photography! I've noticed he's the man to pick up a shine haha!

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks mate, should have some more impressive photos by the weekend, weather permitting. Then over to D4NY G for photography! I've noticed he's the man to pick up a shine haha!
    Apologys, D2NY G

4th Gear

Status
    Nice looks sharp
    Craig Cull likes this.
    Torque the Torque

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by V6 Quatt View Post
    Nice looks sharp
    Sharp is a very good expression, I like

Neutral

Status
    sweet!!

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by matt summers View Post
    sweet!!
    Thanks Matt

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks mate, I'm based in Leeds
    The Capital of West Yorkshire in Gods Country !

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B7 View Post
    The Capital of West Yorkshire in Gods Country !
    That's the 1 Paul! Haha!

1st Gear

Status
    This car looks fantastic!!!!!! Absolutely love the misano red, can't wait too meet this car on a Yorkshire meet
    Craig Cull likes this.
    BRING ON THE WET WEATHER ​QUATTRO FTW

I am WOLF.......

Status
    That looks superb!!!!!!!!!!
    Really really like that,the colour is perfect and matched with the black alloys look sweet.

Great job mate
    Craig Cull likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks for your kind comments guys, I'll definitely be at the meet, stay tuned for this weekends detailing sessions
    AVLO likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Right guys! Thanks to everyone that's taken the time watch and follow this thread through each step, it was painful when my mate reversed into me but now I'm starting to feel good about the situation. Here's the before and after pics. The after consists of 2 coats of wax with a nice half hour drying time with the first coat and an hour with the second. Followed by a coat of detailing spray.

I'm as shocked as anybody else with the results. Here's the pics, hope you like

Before

after

thanks for looking
    D2NY G, CHEZ, scotty76 and 2 others like this.

1st Gear

Status
    This car looks **** hottttt.......
    Craig Cull likes this.
    BRING ON THE WET WEATHER ​QUATTRO FTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast