Halogen to xenon

Beeblebrox

Reaction score
Hi guys I have managed to get my self a pair of oem bi xenons but need to get the adapters from 10 pin to 14 pin apart from eBay can these be purchased from any where else as i don't like eBay also will I need to code them if so how do I do this I have vcds just need the knowledge on what areas need to modified many thanks in advance

Hi I have recently done this mod to my car using RS4 headlights.

you will need Kufatec halogen to bi xenon headlight loom, this can be purchashed from kufatec website.

then you will need the correct headlight module for them to work. Bez will be the best person to ask as he supplied mine.

then you will be able to code them properly to use the bi xenon and daytime running lights properly.

they will work without the module and coding but may flicker and you wont have daytime running lights

in all it cost me £380 for the complete mod but was well worth it.

Are you talking about the adaptive cornering module because these lights don't have that feature just bi xenon I looked on the kufatec web site and couldn't see one

No thats not needed, its the module below the steering wheel that controls headlights and other various body electrics.

they should be listed under the car model as I bought them a few weeks ago for mine. Took a while to arrive tho.
i'll have a look on there site.

Yes I looked there but seems not to be listed will keep looking as they may have just sold out when you say about 380 was that for the lights adapters and module?

Yes that was everything, lights cost me £270 complete from ebay. Then the loom, module and coding was another £110

Great thread! The xenon conversion is next on my list of mods to do.

SinghB7 £380 is a great price. I'm guessing this didnt include the auto-levelers?

Great thread! The xenon conversion is next on my list of mods to do.

SinghB7 £380 is a great price. I'm guessing this didnt include the auto-levelers?

No it didnt, that is another kit you can buy from kufatec altough its abit more technical which is why I havn't done it.

Ok ordered the the adapters being delivered Tuesday any one know where I can buy the xenon range control module from again eBay a no go area need one buy this weekend if possible and then the right codes for vcds to enable the xenons and drl's cheers. Chris

Ok guys fitted my xenons thanks bez for the coding instructions and help but now looking for som canbus error free led bulbs for my drls I ordered some from eBay but they are not error free they show both sides not working also now my led number plate lights now showing a canbus error but still working any help would be gratefully accepted

For led number plate lights, buy these as they are 100% error free...I bought these on the recommendation of others here and they are the dogs you-know-what:
http://bit.ly/1fCbu71

i don't think there's any error-free DRL led bulbs around for the xenon housing, I've tried a few which all said "error free" but they all gave DIS warnings. Only solution is to use resistors. But I gave up in the end and just leave my DRLs off all the time.

Any one know if this is the correct control module to correct my flickering xenons they intermittently turn off and on been told it's defiantly the module here's the link AUDI TT MK2,TTS,TTRS,TT COMPLETE XENON AUTOMATIC RANGE CONTROL UNIT !!! | eBay any help would be appreciated as Audi weren't sure an A4 factory fitted with xenons has this module but couldn't be 100% if this would fit my car

Any one know if this is the correct control module to correct my flickering xenons they intermittently turn off and on been told it's defiantly the module here's the link AUDI TT MK2,TTS,TTRS,TT COMPLETE XENON AUTOMATIC RANGE CONTROL UNIT !!! | eBay any help would be appreciated

no thats a completely different unit.
Its the central convenience module you need to change and it must be from an A4/S4
its the module ending in the letter N you need
if you message Bez he will sort you out with one.

Singh was it defo the N i fitted for you ?

can you rember the end letter from your old C E M ?

Singh was it defo the N i fitted for you ?

can you rember the end letter from your old C E M ?

The original one was a M that wouldnt accept the xenon coding.
the one you supplied me was a N and was fine.

That's the one I have 8E0 997 279 n

Might just need coding then with vagcom. Bez will know more then me tho.

hes coded and still got the flickering
i think its a bulb or ballast

brox post your new codeing up so i can double check for you

that looks right
id be looking at bulb or ballast

Update bulbs replaced and all working fine will post some pics soon after my wheels are refurbished cheers for all your help bez and Singh

Reactions: SinghB7