Volks AutosEM Tuning
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    291

    My Social Networking

    Visit SinghB7's Instagram Channel

    Retrofitting heated leather interior

    Hi, enquiring about fitting a leather interior to my avant.
    atm it is normal s line cloth seats non heated

    is it straight fit into my car?
    i know i will have to change the heater control unit for the heated seats

    is there anything else involved?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    89
    i really wouldnt bother if i were you, heated leather is useful for about 2 months a year, i'd put the money into something far more interesting!

  4. #3
    GeoffDunk's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    547

    My Social Networking

    Add GeoffDunk on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1sch View Post
    i really wouldnt bother if i were you, heated leather is useful for about 2 months a year, i'd put the money into something far more interesting!
    WIth respect, I totally disagreee. Our last 7 cars have had heated seats, one of our current cars has it front and rear.

    Its lovely having leather in a car and it would be a bonus if it was heated, we wouldn't have a car without it now.

    Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.




  5. #4
    gas-man's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    207
    hi mate just looking into this at the moment
    you need to check what harness is fitted under you seats
    and check the harness on the seats you intend to fit
    the red connecter block is for the lumber support and movement
    the green connector block is for the heating elements
    the leather i just fitted has not got the green part of the harness so are not heated seats

    so to answer your question they are not always a straight swap

    but you can buy harnesses from kufatec to help if needed

    where in b,ham are you?

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffDunk View Post
    WIth respect, I totally disagreee. Our last 7 cars have had heated seats, one of our current cars has it front and rear.

    Its lovely having leather in a car and it would be a bonus if it was heated, we wouldn't have a car without it now.
    No thats cool, I just never use mine, to the point where i dont really like the sensation of a warm arse lol

    The mother in law has a Q7 with alcantara centres, but heated, i find it a much nicer place to sit than the full leather in mine

  7. #6
    Molnboman's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1sch View Post
    No thats cool, I just never use mine, to the point where i dont really like the sensation of a warm arse lol

    The mother in law has a Q7 with alcantara centres, but heated, i find it a much nicer place to sit than the full leather in mine
    Jaysus... heated seats they are almost compulsory up here....lovely to have when it's -30c....I could see why they would be much use in the old country but leather trim can be a bit chilly first thing during the Winter months...even the UK!...Sidebar...... Surprised these things haven't caught on as much back home....what a difference these make...and the new ones are operated remotely by your phone!....height of couch potatoeness! DEFA / WarmUp apologies in advance for going off the thread.

    Cheers
    A

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    291

    My Social Networking

    Visit SinghB7's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by gas-man View Post
    hi mate just looking into this at the moment
    you need to check what harness is fitted under you seats
    and check the harness on the seats you intend to fit
    the red connecter block is for the lumber support and movement
    the green connector block is for the heating elements
    the leather i just fitted has not got the green part of the harness so are not heated seats

    so to answer your question they are not always a straight swap

    but you can buy harnesses from kufatec to help if needed

    where in b,ham are you?
    hi, I did ask ghe seller they did say they are heated. I will have to check my connectors under my current seats tho.
    Mine now are fully electric but not heated.

    im from west bromwich area pal

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Full black leather interior S3/8L recaro heated electric
    By AARON77 in forum For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th October 2012, 19:38
  2. Audi a3 8p Full heated leather interior 3 door
    By harris9053 in forum For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th February 2012, 20:46
  3. Retrofitting a leather interior for a 3dr?
    By BenUK in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19th April 2009, 00:26
  4. A4 LEATHER INTERIOR
    By anwar in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th October 2003, 07:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO