• 2 Post By jdp1962
  • 1 Post By Macdoon
  • 1 Post By jdp1962
  • 1 Post By dazr
  • 1 Post By GeoffDunk
  • 1 Post By Amason007
  • 2 Post By jdp1962
  • 1 Post By jdp1962

Thread: Got my car back, good as new....

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Got my car back, good as new....

...plus the DRLs and exhaust tips are on.

ECU was saved, four relays were beyond saving and were replaced. The LED indicators and sidelights didn't get fitted. The indicators take their power from inside the headlight cluster to a terminal on the side of the bulbholder, which isn't compatible with the error cancellers I had bought. Meanwhile, the error cancellers for the sidelight LEDs couldn't be found anywhere amongst the kit I'd left in the car, so I just said to leave them as they were. Of course, I found them hiding under some other junk in the boot as soon as I got home. They can keep until the next service and MOT.

Final bill for everything, £362

Here are the DRLs:

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/jdp1...61bcc.mp4.html

and here are the exhaust tips:

Broken Byzan and Amason007 like this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Great to here it's home and fixed Jeff, and the pipes look spot on fella
    jdp1962 likes this.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Couple of close up stills of the DRLs

Off:

And on:

I think they integrate pretty well. They certainly finish off the empty air intakes on the SE bumper.
    Amason007 likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    i hope mine is as good as new when i get mine. out of interest where did you get the plates from? Nice car by the way.
    jdp1962 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add GeoffDunk on Facebook
    Nice, any chance of a long full frontal and full rear pic of both ends. Liking those DRL's
    Last edited by GeoffDunk; 17th September 2013 at 21:15. Reason: I wrote jibberish
    jdp1962 likes this.

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

1st Gear

Status
    Great to see you got her back all looking well again. The exhaust and DRL's look spot on. Do the DRL's dim when you turn the headlights on?
    jdp1962 likes this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dazr View Post
    i hope mine is as good as new when i get mine. out of interest where did you get the plates from? Nice car by the way.
    Thanks; I hope you get a result too. The plates are UK-legal pressed metal, and came from DTUK, one of our forum sponsors. Click here.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Amason007 View Post
    Great to see you got her back all looking well again. The exhaust and DRL's look spot on. Do the DRL's dim when you turn the headlights on?
    The instructions say they dim; in fact, they extinguish altogether.
    Amason007 and Tolak like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Thanks; I hope you get a result too. The plates are UK-legal pressed metal, and came from DTUK, one of our forum sponsors. Click here.
    cheers i wasn ever sure if they were road legal. someone on my estate has german plates on an r32 and has done or about four years, looks good but known my luck id be pulled.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffDunk View Post
    Nice, and chance of a long full frontal and ful lrear shot to so both ends. Liking those DRL's
    Better shots will have to wait for dry weather and a good clean.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Nice one Geoff. I'm doing the exhaust mod to mine this week as well.

Where did you get the DRL's from?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Nice one Geoff. I'm doing the exhaust mod to mine this week as well.

Where did you get the DRL's from?
    From the manufacturer, Dectane, via its eBay outlet. Linky
    quattrojames likes this.

Neutral

Status
    The instructions say they dim; in fact, they extinguish altogether.
    Jeff, my German is not the best but doesn't this bit of the instructions for your DRL say optionally connect the yellow or green wire for dimming or switching off?

Beim Anschließen an die Fahrzeugelektrik kann wahlweise das gelbe Kabel zum Abdimmen oder das grün kabel zum Abschalten der TFL an die Plusleitung des Standlichtes am Scheinwerfer angeschlossen werden.

It's in the last paragraph, after where it mentions the requirements in each country.

Iain.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid69 View Post
    Jeff, my German is not the best but doesn't this bit of the instructions for your DRL say optionally connect the yellow or green wire for dimming or switching off?

Beim Anschließen an die Fahrzeugelektrik kann wahlweise das gelbe Kabel zum Abdimmen oder das grün kabel zum Abschalten der TFL an die Plusleitung des Standlichtes am Scheinwerfer angeschlossen werden.

It's in the last paragraph, after where it mentions the requirements in each country.

Iain.
    I missed that.

Neutral

Status
    I missed that.
    No such option in the S-Line version it seems (they just switch off), but looking to get them installed this weekend.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid69 View Post
    No such option in the S-Line version it seems (they just switch off), but looking to get them installed this weekend.
    To be honest, I don't recall seeing green and yellow wires to choose from in the loom.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    From the manufacturer, Dectane, via its eBay outlet. Linky
    Thanks, I've been browsing the Dectane site recently looking at stuff, I didn't realise they had an ebay store too. Makes me think...
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Good news about getting the car back with so much rectified.

Nice job with the DRLs. As you say, does a good job filling the blank slots from the SE bumper.
    Also remind me why I was looking at the tinted DRLs in this position; less obvious when the DRLs are not lit. These things are all a matter of preference; my black car would favour tinted, your grey beast can chose either.

With regard to the yellow wire to dim or green wire to extinguish the DRLs, I wonder if this is a tool for Dectane to recognise which box/DRL kit they have to install, so you would only have yellow or green, but not both.
    A4 B7 Cabrio 2007 2.0 TDi Black "Sport"

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Thanks, I've been browsing the Dectane site recently looking at stuff, I didn't realise they had an ebay store too. Makes me think...
    Some companies are cheaper via eBay, some direct off their own site. Dectane are cheaper via eBay, since postage is free. The exchange rate is pretty much the current rate (I use xe.com)
    A4 B7 Cabrio 2007 2.0 TDi Black "Sport"