Would appreciate some advice on how to proceed/who is at fault /compensation etc.
I had my windscreen replaced on the 4th July by Auto Glass, I went through my insurance company and THEY put me through to Auto Glass. I paid £100 for the job.
Since I've had the windscreen replaced the weather has remained relatively dry.
However, I went on holiday 31st August to 15th September. I got back only to realize that there are major issues with the car.
There is water in the font and rear passenger foot well of the car. There is so much water that when I place my foot in the car water seeps from around my shoes. I'm guessing its been raining heavily since I've been on holiday.
- Short - circuit of electrics
- Standard Factory Alarm and hazard lights going off even when driving (Intermittent)
- Loud buzzer sound coming from the boot even when driving (Intermittent)
- All window electrics don't work
- Key fob does not respond
- Ticking sound from the rear of the car near the petrol cap (Intermittent)
- Burning smell when heater is on
- Interior lights no longer work (for a split second they flickered and then nothing)
- Warning light on dash for boot lid (indicating it is not closed when it is)
- Mildewing of carpeting
- I'm guessing also rusting of floorpans and other metal components including electrical connectors in the near future.
Auto Glass have really messed my car up.
Does anyone know where I stand with putting a claim? What do I claim for? They've damaged my whole car! So upset and angry.