Badger5EM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

i hope i havent bought a bad car

To cut a long story short, my air bag light came on, so i took it back to garage where i got it from. I happened to mention it was making a whiring noise (for the record i dont no a thing about cars) i thought it might just be a bearing. After further investagation they told me it was the oil pressure pump (i think), they wouldnt let me take the car, until it was fixed, apparantly it can knacker the engine if it goes. Car is a4avant 2.0 TDi 140. Should i be worried? Once it has been replaced will it be ok?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Check out the oil pump and balance shaft thread at the top of the b7 section mate. Should be full of info. Hope it's easily sorted. At least you did the right thing ad mention it to the garage while its in warranty.
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Rizzini's right. Better it should happen now while the car is subject to the Sale of Goods Act. Fingers crossed you get it back soon in tiptop condition.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Yep, agree with others. Hopefully they fix the issue and it should be all good then. Very good cars though, so once this is done you should enjoy it a lot.

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for replys, gives me a bit of convidence, to top it off they have gave me a pug 206 to drive about in over the weekend. The last three cars iv had have been vw and now an audi, and i didnt relise how good of quality the german cars are till now

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dazr View Post
    thanks for replys, gives me a bit of convidence, to top it off they have gave me a pug 206 to drive about in over the weekend. The last three cars iv had have been vw and now an audi, and i didnt relise how good of quality the german cars are till now
    Smart thinking by the garage. Think how much more you'll enjoy the A4 when you do get it back after a weekend spent driving a Peugeot 206!
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    your telling me mate, its so tinny to drive, even stupid little things like the sound of the doors shutting, just sounds so cheap. Its good that they wouldnt let me take the car away just incase something bad was to happen, (well in away)

Reverse Gear

Status
    just been reading a lot of horror storys about the 2005 2.0model. I hope its no all true.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Well, they are all true, but they don't affect every car.

4th Gear

Status
    And you tend to just see the horror stories not all the good ones
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Reverse Gear

Status
    Do i take when the problem is fixed, the car will be ok?

Reverse Gear

Status
    not getting car back until friday, they are using the modified part, so should be good when i get it back.
    The loan car gets worse though, a vauxhall meriva

3rd Gear

Status
    not getting car back until friday, they are using the modified part, so should be good when i get it back.
    Third class driving is better than first class walking and you are getting the car fixed at no cost to yourself so keep smiling !
    Let us know what the "modified part "is as there are several fixes available and at varying costs .

Reverse Gear

Status
    when you look at it like that lol. Dont really understand cars that way, quick discussion with the lad before and i sure he said a chain was getting fitted, but everything comes in a pack. That probably doesnt make much sense but as soon as i get the car back il let you know what has been done.

Reverse Gear

Status
    one thing he did say is he had the same problem on another a4, but it was to late and the engine went bang, so im sure he will be fitting the best part possible.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Friday, huh? I've been without mine all weekend; was hopeful of getting it back today but it's not ready. I don't know about you, but I get a severe case of separation anxiety when the car's not there.

Reverse Gear

Status
    like paul said at least iv got a car to drive about in, but yes although iv only had it 3week a very big miss.
    Whats up with yours, the same ??
    Iv been without mine sine friday.
    Last edited by dazr; 16th September 2013 at 18:30.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    What's up with yours?
    Click here for what's wrong with it, and here for the latest news.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 16th September 2013 at 18:46.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I thought you were fitting those DRL's yourself?.... now that's just not cricket!