My Autobahn fly-by vid :)

g00se

Reaction score
Filmed by a mate in an E46 M3.. on our way to the Nurburgring on Tuesday :rock:

Nb1

S4 Autobahn Fly-by Video by 72karmann | Photobucket

goose

Reactions: AVLO, ASC and voorhees
Nice! Just out of interest how fast did you get her?

Only about 155ish.. too much traffic on a Tuesday lunchtime on a dual carriageway lol!

She was still pulling strong tho.. really wanted to beat the 164mph PB i scored in my old R32 - maybe next time ;-)

goose

Only about 155ish.. too much traffic on a Tuesday lunchtime on a dual carriageway lol!

She was still pulling strong tho.. really wanted to beat the 164mph PB i scored in my old R32 - maybe next time ;-)

goose

Nice! I would love to go across.. maybe one day! :)

Nice! I would love to go across.. maybe one day! :)

defo worth a road trip.. we got up early Tues AM, got the tunnel, had lunch in Ghent in Belgium, fired over to the Ring for the 5pm-7pm public opening.. checked in cheapo hotel, had a nice diner and a few german beers, brekkie in the AM, then over to Antwerp for lunch, then to Calais to stock up on booze, then tunnel and home again by 10pm Weds night.

1200 miles - 5 countries - 2 days = awesome fun

goose

Wow nice one mate !
I am thinking about Germany next year actually for the autobahn, i have to wait at least 4 months though because ive banned from driving in France :keule:

Ace video g00se, looks crazy fast. Real jealous man, have heard a few people talk of autobahn traffic which totally kills it, still decent enough though as the video proves haha.

Wow nice one mate !
I am thinking about Germany next year actually for the autobahn, i have to wait at least 4 months though because ive banned from driving in France :keule:

Just take the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam or Harwich to Hook of Holland. Straight through the land of clogs and you're in Germany.

defo worth a road trip.. we got up early Tues AM, got the tunnel, had lunch in Ghent in Belgium, fired over to the Ring for the 5pm-7pm public opening.. checked in cheapo hotel, had a nice diner and a few german beers, brekkie in the AM, then over to Antwerp for lunch, then to Calais to stock up on booze, then tunnel and home again by 10pm Weds night.

goose

Thumbs up on booze run :). Got through a drop or two of petrol then?

That really was a fly by,one day I'll go the Ring

Just take the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam or Harwich to Hook of Holland. Straight through the land of clogs and you're in Germany.
The last time i went on a ferry across that water i felt suicidal it was that bad, i am not even going to begin to explain what happened on that horrendous sea :puke2:

How was the ring?

Ring was great fun, i just had to reign myself in a bit as i wanted to do sub 10 mins.. but realistically you cant as a novice, as you're always getting out the way of MUCH faster cars, and not having a scooby where you are going, how fast you should be going, and how tight a corner may be. Maybe after 10+ laps i'll get it.. but for now i'll settle with the mid 10's i did in my 3 laps (till next yr anyways!).

goose

Thumbs up on booze run :). Got through a drop or two of petrol then?

The fat girl did ok on the juice - i was surprised.. i used 4x tanks, including one of this:-

Photo24

which is not cheap *cough*.. but i had to do it lol!!

Photo25

And 1x emergency 5l jerry can at the side of a motorway in Holland

goose

Ooo What's that, I want some. Fancy stuff. Was gonna ask what the fuel is like over there. Better by the looks of it
Not to bad on fuel then. I probably used about that when we went to Scotland (approx same mileage in the end) in June and mines only a 3.2 and obviously uk speed limits

Ooo What's that, I want some. Fancy stuff. Was gonna ask what the fuel is like over there. Better by the looks of it
Not to bad on fuel then. I probably used about that when we went to Scotland (approx same mileage in the end) in June and mines only a 3.2 and obviously uk speed limits

yeah, as fast as you could go every now and then.. its sad to say that an awful lot of the journey was sat in traffic contraflows.. and thats in England, France, Belgium, Holland and Germany!!

So i just stuck the cruise control on, put the arm rest down, and settled into it lol!

goose

Looks like you had an awesome time, and good job you had the weather on your side too for such a short trip, Quattro or not the ring is scary in the wet!!!

Looks like you had an awesome time, and good job you had the weather on your side too for such a short trip, Quattro or not the ring is scary in the wet!!!

We were very lucky.. it belted it down for hours as we drove thru Belgium, but then seemed to get drier the closer the got to the Ring!

goose

goose

sounds like good fun to me goose, something I would love to do.

sounds like good fun to me goose, something I would love to do.

Its something that has to be done.. we are now planning next years trip.. more people, more cars, longer trip, more tracks ;-)

Can't wait!!

goose

i might be intrested in this if you dont mind?? keep us posted with plenty of notice :D