Another mod complete!

ricostuart

Reaction score
So decided to get the S4 back up on the 2poster lift and pull off the bumper, and pull out the headlights. Looks like they have been opened before for repairs (presumably by Audi themselves). So was quite easy to split. Painted the chrome strip and the grey light enclosure with a black vinyl paint (similar to plasti-dip) so it can be removed in the future. Works a treat!

Did do the de-tangoing while I was at it which took ages for the first one (took 5 mins for the second!) but unfortunatly I cant find any chrome bulbs that will do the job, so went and bought a couple of orange indicator bulbs. Doesnt look great, but at least its legal.

Does anyone have any chromed bulbs for sale? Pity it takes removing the whole headlight assembly to access the indicator bulbs!

You can change the indicator bulbs without removing the bumper by removing the wheel arch liners and washer bottle on the n/s/f but it is still a pain in the **** especially if you've got big hands!

Yep, drivers side took me 15mins and passengers side took me 30mins and a few cuts and wisely chosen words.

Lol! Ok so bumper removal takes me 15mins. Got new bulbs from eBay so will see in a couple of days!

what about the osram chrome diadem or diadem, would they not fit no more orange :D ?

Also to note for anyone who reads this, its well worth cleaning your projectors while the lights are opened. Mine has a layer of something on it (dust/dirt) which I (very) carefully cleaned. Made the lights so much brighter! :D